Dead Games Society 70's Party Friday 9pm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by makerofthings, Mar 2, 2013.

1. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

The Dead Games Society will be hosting an Out-of-sight 70's party Friday, March 15th starting at 9pm until 2pm. We will hold it in our Villa (room number TBA). Free drinks and pizza for all, though if you would like to bring something feel free. So set your time machines back to 1978 and join us for a groovy time.

Absolutely no smoking allowed indoors due to to all the flammable polyester in such an enclosed space. Also, Disco will be played and often so anyone with an adverse reaction to this should bring earplugs. Hot-pants and halter tops encouraged though not mandatory. Take two aspirins before attending just incase you get Disco fever.

Right on,
    Makerofthings

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

It is so hard for me to commit to any functions at GC, but since it is a DGS party- I will stop by and bring along Ms. Amanda. Can't promise the stay will be long, but I always enjoy the shenanigans DGS brings to Gary Con every year!

A true, must be seen at, event on the party circuit. :D

Dale

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

Sounds like a great time! I'll stop by after my game which I think ends at Midnight. Thanks for doing this! :)

4. tellion

tellion Footpad

9pm to 2pm...? That's an all-nighter and then some. Sounds fun. Throw in some 70's punk (ramones, sex pistols, clash, etc.) into the rotation and we might do some real damage!

5. bbarsh

bbarsh Level 0 Character

...Get Down On It...

Now its a party! I'll bring the Jack Daniels.

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

And the theme song for this party..........
    I Will Survive......
    ......Garycon V :lol:

7. mark

mark Spellbinder

Needs a t-shirt . . . ;)

8. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

If any male wears a halter top, I'm bringing matches.

9. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Disco and punk? ....sigh.....
    What about Ted Nugent, Black Sabbath, Cheap Trick, Kiss and Deep Purple.......like 'Smoke on the Water'........something about ... 'the Lake Geneva shoreline'.
    Oh I know, Ill just roll with the punches while everyone else thinks they are trying to be cool......just like back in the real 70s..... 'Long Live Rock, Be it Dead or Alive' ......
    I think Tenacious D said it best...
    "Disco tried to kill the metal, but the metal wouldnt die. Punk rock tried to kill the metal, but the metal wouldnt die."
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

10. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

There will be a mix of Disco, Pop, Punk, singer songwriter and hard rock. There will be KISS, oh mama, yes. Gene Simmons is running KISS-tastrphe on Saturday however I could not get him to come a day earlier and make a guest appearance for the party .

M.

11. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Alright, let me visualize this........
    Typical male gamer,
    35-45 years old,
    5' 9",
    250 lbs.,
    hasn't showered un 2-3 days,
    wearing a halter top...........

"Errph!"

I"M BRINGING GASOLINE & A FLAMETHROWER!!

(I just puked in my mouth.)

12. silas

silas Chevalier

13. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder