GaryCon VI Date

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maclaird, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclaird

maclaird Level 0 Character

Has one been established yet?

2. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I've heard through the grapevine that it's 27-30 March 2014. I'm sure that someone official will chime in soon.

3. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I hope so. I may have the slimmest of smallest of microscopic of chances of getting there for a day or two if that's the case. (March 19, 2014, is my 20th wedding anniversary. The wife has made it clear that if there's a choice to be made, she'd better be the winner. Please don't make me choose.)

4. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Those were the dates being given out at the registration desk of the Lodge. I know you could lock in a room reg if you wanted, you just need to give 72 hours notice if you change or cancel. If the dates change at all, you have plenty of time...

5. Dale

Dale Administrator

The final date has not been carved in stone. I would expect to see that announced in the near future.

The date the front desk had was the tentative date given since we have a 3 year contract with the Resort.

6. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Was this Year One of the deal?

7. Donal

Donal Administrator

Actually, it was just 3 years worth of dates that we put on the books to ensure March dates would be available for us each year. GC5 would have been the 2nd set of dates, with GC6 being the 3rd. The bottom line is that the dates for GC6 have not been determined, so hold off on making any reservations just yet.

8. maclaird

Any news on this subject yet? I am not sure whether to keep checking here or if I need to go digging for a new topic but it has been a while.

9. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Nothing has been posted yet.

10. Dale

Dale Administrator

We have not finalized the dates for GV d6 yet. We are talking about having the date near the end of March. There will be an update on here- and Facebook as well.

Thanks, and we appreciate your patience.

11. tellion

tellion Footpad

Is there an update on the dates for next year? I know it's early still, but airfare is now available through March 2014. When booking travel for a family, it pays to plan well ahead.

12. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

Me just being paranoid here - haven't missed the announcement yet, have I?

13. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I took a look at the forum posts when folks were asking about Gary Con V's date. Looks like the solid date for Gary Con V was announced around the end of July. So for folks asking about Gary Con VI, I'm guessing you'll have to wait another 2.5 months for confirmation.

14. bighara

bighara Chevalier

"I hate waiting..."
    -Inigo Montoya

15. maclaird

Actually I had a date before I left the show the previous year.

16. kersus

kersus Footpad

I'm so eager to book the hotel and get my registration. I haven't decided on flying or driving yet. It was a long drive for me alone last time but should have company this time.

17. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Front desk clerk?

18. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Any info, even tentative, is useful. We're thinking about another trip in March 2014, so planning around GaryCon would be nice, if that's possible.

19. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

It will be either the last or second to last weekend in March.

20. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Thanks, Luke!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.