Games for Gary Con VI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JediSoth, Mar 17, 2013.

1. mark

mark Spellbinder

I've yet to go to an Origins despite having been to Gencon on and off since 1976. Maybe this year I should think about going and being the semi-official DGS photog (as well as run some AD&D 1E)? :)

2. osarious

osarious Chevalier

My daughter Britainney (she played Julie in your Love Boat game) and I Are probably going. We will be helping a vendor. Hope to see you and the other DGS guys there.

3. bbarsh

bbarsh Level 0 Character

Pacesetter Games & Simulations will sponsor and run a mini B/X D&D one round tournament. Probably run two slots Thursday and one Friday night. Announce winners Saturday morning. There will be prizes, certificates, etc. for all. The adventure will be designed specifically for Gary Con and a limited number of convention-only copies available during the con.

4. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Mr. Barsh - I have to thank you for being so nice to my son who, on Sunday, bought his first module which you kindly signed for him.

The reason I bring it up? He bought it because he wants to run it next year as his first convention game ever.

Thanks!

5. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I keep thinking I'm going to run a game at GaryCon but haven't really done it yet. This year we did bring a copy of DC Deck Building Game and had a good turnout as a pick up game. Everyone seemed to enjoy it except one person so we found that to be a win.

I'm still trying to think of a system I'd like to run. There seems to be a lot of CoC and D&D but I'm hoping to do something different. (And I appreciate you starting this thread. If I plan now, I'd be able to run something next year.)

6. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

Based on how this year went, I'll probably run AD&D again, and definitely run Star Frontiers and Mazes and Minotaurs again.

7. bbarsh

bbarsh Level 0 Character

Jim, first of all Mr. Barsh was my dad. Bill is just fine! I can't wait to see Connor run that module at Gary Con. I will watch for it and if it is okay I am going to take some pictures! Not for marketing or any such thing, but to show my wife that someone does play these things :D
    It was great to meet you and your family!
    Bill

8. AD&D seems a little modern for GaryCon... :lol: ... that's why I ran Brown Box D&D this year, and will again next year.

I'll also run CHAINMAIL again.

I'm hoping things will get spread out a bit more for me, though. Friday was the Bataan Death March for me, it started at 8 AM and went till 2 AM.

Also, I'm totally going to run KOBOLDS ATE MY BABY!

9. mark

mark Spellbinder

:D

10. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Silas gave me a fun idea for a CoC by Strobe-light Adventure. You play the Village People preforming at Studio 54 when all hell breaks loose. It seems that Stevie Nicks, dabbling in black magic, again, and has accidentally summoned somethings from the dark corners of the world. You may not be able to "Stop the Music" however perhaps you can save the day.

MoT

11. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

My weapon of choice is a rolled up, coke-laced 100 dollar bill.

12. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Semi-automatic Beadazzler for me!

13. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

[​IMG]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :cool:

14. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

“Bunch together a group of [70’s celebrities] ...and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity.” ― H.P. Lovecraft

“Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.” -- Kristy McNichol

Get ready sports fans, at long last the Network Stars are right and in his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu wakes from his dreaming.

For Gary Con VI, I'll be running The Final Battle of the Network Stars! A Call of Cthulhu By Strobelight adventure using the 5th edition Chaosian rules-set. The fate of humanity rests on the shoulders of Gil Gerard, Ed Asner, Sherman Hemsley, Melissa Gilbert, and Willie Aames.

Special guest GM, Howard Cosell! :)

15. bighara

bighara Chevalier

I need to think about this a little. I've got a new Mutant Future module in the works. It should be out in the next month or so. It's about the right length for a 3-4 hour slot. There's also a BX/LL adventure nearing playtest, but it's kind of long for a con.

I suppose I could write something just for the con, but I'm awful lazy. :)

16. scorcha

scorcha Level 0 Character

Thundercats? (lets out a squeal that terrifies cats sleeping nearby)
    Count me in.

17. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Herculoids?!

I wanna play Gleep and/or Gloop. I'll spend the entire session communicating solely through "Zzzdzzdzzd" noises.

[​IMG]

18. MonsterMike

MonsterMike Level 0 Character

I'll be running another Savage Worlds game for sure.

I'm open to suggestions for what else to run. I can't decide among:

Gamma World (Current edition)
    Paranoia (Mongoose edition)
    Star Wars (WEG 2nd ed.)
    Call of Cthulhu (6th ed.)
    Monster of the Week

19. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

20. bighara

bighara Chevalier