Games for Gary Con VI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JediSoth, Mar 17, 2013.

1. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I'm definitely bringing Star Wars back for Gary Con VI. I just finished writing the adventure I'm going to run. I need to make characters, play test it, and maybe tweak it a bit, but I could run it right now. Now, depending on how the rest of my year goes, there's a possibility I may run it in two different systems. WEG d6 for DGS (this is a sure thing for GCVI) and FFG's Edge of the Empire.

I'm still going to run Paranoia. I just haven't written the adventure yet. I may go against all tradition and have a possible ending that doesn't involve mass thermonuclear destruction. We'll see.

2. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I'm starting to think about 2014 convention planning, and may take a break from running my Castle Greyhawk dungeon levels to run some classic TSR modules (as modified by me, of course), starting with The Lost Caverns of Tsojconth/Tsojcanth. We'll see how things pan out over the next few months....

I may see about running some Eclipse Phase, if I'm feeling ambitious, too. We'll see. (That may depend on how good the FATE conversion is, perhaps, since I'm not super-enamored of the EP system). I'd certainly love to play some Amber, too, time-permitting!

Naturally, I will run some Aliens as well. I'm planning to have a new board built next year, which will allow me to run the Operations and Air Ducts scenarios (Air Ducts is part 2 of Operations, but I don't have an Ops board built yet).

Once I have the Ops board, then you'll be able to play the classic flow of the Aliens film: The Reactor --> Operations --> Air Ducts --> Rescue Newt/Hunt the Queen. I'm planning to make some special modifications to the Ops board to allow the players to patrol the perimeter corridors, which will also allow use of the sentry guns, too. I'm probably going to have a MedLab area built adjacent to the Ops Center too, where there's the possibility of playing a Ripley + Newt vs. 2 Facehuggers with no guns scenario (there will be a time delay where the Colonial Marines cavalry can't engage for N number of turns). If it comes together as I'm hoping, it should be quite fun, although it will probably be the largest board set up too (once you add in the Air Ducts boards).

3. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Do it!

I really like everything about your Paranoia games - except for the predestined ending.

4. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

It's only predestined because no one can resist pushing that button. I'm just going to stop putting it in there...but sometimes when I have to improvise, I go back to the well. I'm going to work on that.

5. kersus

kersus Footpad

Scooby-Doo Cthulhu sounds fun! Scooby Doo Dread too!

I've always been interested in trying a Blackstar RPG... In fact I'm going to watch an episode now!

I very much want to play CHAINMAIL, and would give KAMB a whirl again. I have 1st edition and used to play it. Amber DRPG would be awesome. I'm about to start re-reading the series.

I'd enjoy trying Aletheia, Incursion, Reign, Mythus, or Dominion Tank Police. I would absolutely love returning to games like Ghostbusters, Heaven & Earth, Chill, Millenium's End, Psychosis, Godlike, Jovian Chronicles, SCHWA, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

It would also be a shame for no Lejendary Adventures to be played.

6. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

Check with Forgemeister - he runs some every year, and one or two other LMs do as well.

7. Zog

Zog Level 0 Character

The list of possible games looks fantastic, I hope I get to attend the entire event.

Daniel "Zog" Gosz

8. guntherfuzz8

guntherfuzz8 Level 0 Character

I'm hoping someone runs the new Monster Hunter International game from Hero System. I've got the rulebook, but don't know the system well enough to try to run it :(.

9. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I've had an idea for a Mutant Future convention game bouncing around my head for a few years. Now that I have a regular gaming group, I'm finally in a position to playtest it. I'll hopefully be GMing this year. :D

10. crunchy

crunchy Level 0 Character

I just read through this entire thread and my head exploded. I am going to GaryCon VI if have to walk there.

11. seanpkelley

seanpkelley Level 0 Character

I highly recommend getting into one of Michael's games. I was in two this past year and it was truly one of the best gaming experiences I've had at a con. Looking forward to seeing you and the DGS gang.

12. MonsterMike

MonsterMike Level 0 Character

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm running now.

Savaged Lady Blackbird went really well last year, so I'm going to run Savaged Appendix A at GaryCon VI.
    Yes, an appendix A style dungeon crawl done with Savage Worlds.

And just to change things up, I'm going to run some Dungeon World.

I'll bring another Call of Cthulhu game for a Friday night pickup. Last year's went so well for everyone. :twisted:

And I am also looking forward to playing in some DGS games and sharing a table again with some of the GKMF guys.

13. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I'll be running Gangbusters, Top Secret, Cyberpunk, Delta Green, and 1st ed. AD&D.

14. scorcha

scorcha Level 0 Character

I might run Monster of the Week. It would be my first time running at Gary Con, but if it's half as much fun as playing...

15. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

If you do...I'll sign up for THAT one!

I'm thinking of running two different AD&D games...one 1st level and a bit silly, one mid-level and more serious.

I also have some old Avalon Hill games...might bring Squad Leader and/or Tobruk.

16. MonsterMike

MonsterMike Level 0 Character

I love this game. I've run MotW 4 or 5 times - it delivers the goods. If you run it, I'll be playing*.

As far as GMing goes, do it! I've run five games at GC and had a blast at all of them. Good players aren't hard to find in this crowd.

*Provided, of course, that I'm not scheduled to run one of my own games at the same time.

17. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Is the submission form not up yet, or am I really THAT bad with computers?

18. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Correct and maybe ;)

19. bighara

bighara Chevalier

I'm pondering running an LL and/or a MF event. Probably condense one of my modules to con length.

20. jonsnod

jonsnod Level 0 Character

This will be my first year at GaryCon & I'm pretty excited. I'm thinking of running a few sessions of my favorite games. Is there interest in playing Deadlands(classic) or James Bond? And is there typically room for more Labyrinth Lord games, or is the fantasy docket pretty loaded?

Thanks,
    Jon