The Lodge: Room Reservations. Book soon.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Dale

Dale Administrator

There are rooms available at the Lodge for all nights. Be advised, when you call please state that you want the "Gary Con Room Block."

As it stands right now, there are about 85 available rooms for all 4 days. I would place your room reservation now- as they will sell out. Thanks for your continued support of Gary Con. It means a lot to us.

Front Desk Reservation: (262) 249-3800

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

The room rate is $89, plus a $10 resort fee.

3. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I booked my room this evening and they said the rate was higher than $89 plus $10 resort fee. I called back and asked about the discrepancy. The lady at the hotel was very nice and said the contract for the room rate may not have been finalized.

4. Dale

Dale Administrator

We have the contract done, but if the rooms are being booked higher- they will be adjusted. I believe the same thing happened last year.

The main thing is to get a room. The adjustment can be made later.

Thanks for the heads up.

5. dlawson74

dlawson74 Level 0 Character

That's really nothing new. Ever since GaryCon II, the hotel quotes a price based on their normal rate, but ends up charging you the special rate once you check in.

6. osarious

osarious Chevalier

I was told $95/night + $12 resort fee + tax

7. silas

silas Chevalier

Is the resort seriously sold-out?

None of us have even reserved yet!

8. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Agreed. Did the resort seriously book solid in only 14 days? (Gary Con official dates announced Sept. 25.) If so, congrats! But it now sounds like the con has seriously outgrown its current facility.

9. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

The amount of time it took might be deceiving based on other factors....

10. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Such as...? Is there another event in town that ate up some of the rooms (ala Gencon/MotoGP)?

11. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Pro Tip:

GaryCon V ended, officially, on March 18th, 2013. On March 19th, 2013, I made reservations for the last weekend in March of 2014. It was a guess, but...

When the dates were confirmed, I called the lodge to confirm my reservation.

12. silas

silas Chevalier

Snider -did you get a reservation?

13. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Nope. I truly did not expect a 14-day sell-out.

14. tellion

tellion Footpad

I recommend seeing if they can put your name on a waiting list in case there are cancellations. There are bound to be a few.

15. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

I just booked online, Wed-Sun then called because the rate was "normal" rates. They were very helpful to get me the GaryCon room rate, however, they told me the rate was $99 per night. Dale could you confirm what the contracted rate is? It sounds like different people might be hearing different things.

16. Dale

Dale Administrator

I will contact our rep at the Resort and find out. The rate is $95 per night (plus the resort fee of $10).

In the future (this is for all), if you speak to the front desk always get a first name. This could help in correcting problems going forward. The Resort staff is doing a great job for us, but sometimes the new people just are not in the "know" about Gary Con. And yes, the staff at the Resort reads our forums to understand what/who we are about. :D

Thanks for the continued support everyone!

Dale