Gary Con VI Badge Registration is open!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Dale

Dale Administrator

Badge registration is open! Just in time for the weekend!

Early Bird & Platinum Badges are active.

The Early Bird will be able for purchase until November 30. The Platinum badges are limited. So, get your badge and we will see you in March 2014!

Here is link:
    http://garycon.com/index.php

Thank you for the continued support!

2. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Cool. Signed up.

3. welleran

welleran Footpad

...and I better see you there!

4. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Very nice

Just to clarify - I assume there will be other intermediate options available (Copper/Silver/Gold?), as in the past?

Will somebody who buys an Early Bird now be able to exchange or "upgrade" if they later decide they want one of those options?

5. Dale

Dale Administrator

The premium badge this year is the Platinum (as it was last year). There will probably be no Gold Badges.

The Early Bird badge will run until the end of November (it comes with the 3 cup set) for %45.
    The Silver Badge will then be active (it has one cup) for $45.

The 3-cup set is a free $25 value.
    And, the one cup is a $5 or $10 value (depending upon soda or beer cup selected).

I hope this helps.

Dale

6. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

I'm confused...what the heck do the GP's and SP's on the registration page mean?

7. Dale

Dale Administrator

The GP & SP are used only during Event Registration (about a month starting in January) to select the games you want to play. Once Event Registration closes these "coins" no longer matter.

The coins allow you to select the Premier gaming events that you want to play (i.e. Tim Kask, Jim Ward, Frank Mentzer, etc.) that are very popular.

I hope this helps.

8. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

At GaryCon, you pay once for a badge and events are free to play in. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1153

However -
    For many reasons (high demand for many events, desire for GMs to see that their event will run, players to be able to count on having a certain number of guaranteed games, etc) there IS a pre-registration for events (and, be forewarned, perhaps around half of them will go quite fast...) that opens somewhere around New Year's (exact date to be announced whenever it's set, in maybe a month or so).

The events are free, but to help 'spread the wealth' a bit, players are limited in how many they can preregister for. That's where the GP and SP come in.
    Events are assigned a cost (generally based on a rough staff guesstimate of their popularity, due to GM, system, time slot, and seats available) and registrants can preregister for events until the event is full or until their gold and silver run out, according to which type of badge they purchased.

Premier events with "celebrity" GMs typically cost 1-2 GPs, "standard" events are usually 2-5 SPs*.

* Historically. The amount of coin your badge gets you and how much the events cost change slightly from year to year as The Powers That Be try to fine tune things.

9. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Signed Up! :D

10. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

Is there a way to sign up for my wife, son, and me, so I only checkout (and pay) once?
    I was able to create "sub-accounts" for them, but that doesn't seem to have any effect on registration.
    Do I need to create a separate log-in/account for each of them?

11. Dale

Dale Administrator

Yes, the sub-accounts are designed for what you have done. However, you have to purchase them one at a time.

We are looking to update the software next year to give more features and make it user friendly towards family & groups of friends.

Thanks, and look forward in seeing you in March!

12. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

I wondered that also. I set my wife up on a sub-account and had to do them separately. I didn't see any extra fee from paypal on either one though.

13. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Registered Platinum, baby! I'm looking forward to making my triumphant return to Gary Con in March! :)

14. francisca

francisca Troubadour

My wife and 7 year old will be there, but won't be playing in any events. Is there any way I could get a "guest badge" for them, so they can at least be in the convention area? I'm already looking at dropping $180 between me and my two older sons, and would rather not drop another $90 so they can hang out around the show a bit.

15. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

+1

16. tavernace69

tavernace69 Level 0 Character

What are the post early bird options going to be (price and what you get for it)? Will there be a copper badge this year?

I already bought my platinum - just trying to plan for my sons.

Thanks!

17. Raic

Raic Level 0 Character

Hmmm - a curious thing I noticed. My badge registration shows 2 GPs available but 0 SPs - :?

18. roselark

roselark Level 0 Character

What is this 3 cup set? This will be my first time at Garycon. :D

19. francisca

francisca Troubadour

badge reg is giving me trouble. left messages on facebook describing the problem.

20. Dale

Dale Administrator

I think the problem has been resolved. Please try again.