So how the heck are YOU getting to GaryCon VI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Druvas, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I'm grabbing the fellas in my gaming group, renting an RV, and making a road trip from Northern Virginia. I foresee about 15 hours of Hackmaster all the way up. And a bunch of dudes eating gaseous foods in an effort to outdo one another... We should smell great by the time we get there. ;-)

2. MonsterMike

MonsterMike Level 0 Character

Driving from Eau Claire in my little Prius. Willing to take a passenger if anyone else needs a ride.

3. bighara

bighara Chevalier

DC to MKE, then rental car

4. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Jus' drivin' in from Indianapolis with my wife. It's an easy trip.

5. ThrashLibrarian

ThrashLibrarian Level 0 Character

Three of us will be driving in my Prius from Pittsburgh. Last year, I did it solo, and had to rent a car (because I didn't want to deal with gas mileage on my old truck).

6. Dale

Dale Administrator

Flying in from the East Coast with Amanda. She is already working on Gary Con outfits. :D

7. welleran

welleran Footpad

Ditto...

8. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Hot air balloon to LG, then unicycle. :D

US Air flight from CLT to MKE, then rental car to LG.

9. If I can afford it this time around, I will be flying from Miami, Florida and then getting a rental car.

10. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

After my first gaming con experience this past weekend, (Gameholecon) I dont care if we have to walk.....we WILL be there! :cool:

11. silas

silas Chevalier

I am high enough level for teleportation

12. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

13. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Driving from NH, picking up someone in RI, then driving out...either my Dakota or a rental. Probably a rental, since I don't have cruise control.

14. francisca

francisca Troubadour

The family and I plan on driving up to the Dells early in the week, spending a couple days at an indoor water park, then heading to GaryCon thursday morning, then driving back to indiana sunday.

15. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Seriously?

PreCon in the Dells...come out to "our place" up there...heh...

Which hotel you going to...Chula Vista?

16. achiriaco

achiriaco Level 0 Character

Midnight flight: LAX to ORD
    Rental Car
    Arrive early AM on Thursday!!!

GAMING all weekend!!!!

17. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Haven't decided yet. We generally go to Mt. Olympus, but I'm open to other suggestions.

18. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

I hear Elysium is pretty nice......oh....you mean water parks. Sorry :roll:

19. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

Wilderness territory is nice if you are going to be there a few days. They have 6 or so different parks and shuttles between them. You can go to one in the morning for 4-5 hours then take a break for lunch then go to another for 4-5 more hours then have dinner. The locker system is all connected so you pay once in the morning and then you can use a locker at any of the parks.

20. daveculp

daveculp Level 0 Character

Plane ride from Dallas to wither Chicago or Milwaukee depending on price of tickets and time of flights. Probably a rental car from there unless I can find a ride to hook up with from one of those two locations.