Calling All Game Masters!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Melf, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Greetings Seekers!

I hope all of you have a Happy Thanksgiving weekend and enjoy the company of family and friends (and even get some quality gaming in too). While you are relaxing and eating left over turkey please take a few minutes to enter your events for Gary Con VI. We all enjoy coming to Lake Geneva to celebrate the life and works of Gary Gygax, share the comeraderie of fellow game enthusiasts and, of course, play games! This year the event submissions are a little behind the mark. This is likely due to the late opening we experienced due to some nasty bug in our software. So I ask you to not delay and finish up those event descriptions and submit them. And I promise that I will get cracking on the AD&D Open Tournament myself. As always, I am grateful for and humbled by the amazing support all of you have given us over the years.

Luke

2. Rex

Rex Footpad

I submitted roughly 8 Hours a Day for Thurs-Saturday. Left some openings to add a few more events at the last minute if they are needed of course. Got more then enough ready to go at the drop of a hat. To be honest so long as I get about a half hour between tables I can run all day all night. :D

~Rex....

P.S. We CAN go into the submission thingie before finalization and add more or rearrange times if need be right? Never want to tempt Fate but you never know, things happen.

3. MonsterMike

MonsterMike Level 0 Character

My games are in! I was waiting for the Silver badge to become available.

4. Rex

Rex Footpad

Got to figure out where to stick some Traveller in that mix I submitted...... Of course, a big Dry Erase Board for pick up games would be helpful, heh. Since I couldn't get a room fast enough to be on sight I didn't want to be running Cop Alley between Lake Geneva and Kenosha Half Asleep I kept some pretty big spaces open in the schedule but.....things could change....

~Rex

5. quithanire

quithanire Level 0 Character

Just nosy...what games are you running this year? lol

6. Rex

Rex Footpad

Hmm....I've got, Villains and Vigilantes, Monster Hunter International the RPG, Castles and Crusades, Cyberpunk 2020, Champions, and FATE Core. Was going to go for a lot more but being stuck off site I need to allow for travel. That being said, may still try and squeeze in some more FATE and some Call of Cthulu or more of the above. Will have my standard car full of games going so Pick Up game Selection is nigh infinite.

~Rex

7. Venger Satanis

Venger Satanis Level 0 Character

What? Hotel rooms are gone already?!?

VS

8. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Yup. The resort sold out in two weeks. Rooms were gone back on October 9 when I went to book one.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1145

9. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Yes the rooms sold out in record time this year. I suggest calling and asking to get on the wait list in case of cancellations. There are several nearby hotels in Lake Geneva, Delevan and Elkhorn that are a short drive from the Lodge.

I really enjoyed the Monster Hunter International books- I think it would be a blast to play as an RPG too.

10. Lichhunter

Lichhunter Level 0 Character

Has the submission process been started?

I'm planning on running something at Gary Con, but I don't see how to submit something.

Hal

11. quithanire

I think once you buy a badge you can submit games under "my account"> my registrations

C. Taylor

12. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

My thoughts exactly.

13. Rex

Rex Footpad

One of the other reasons I left some space in the schedule was to be able to run pickup games for folks. Hence the car full of games as well. ;)

~Rex

14. quithanire

Pick up games are sweet. They really need a marker board or something. I was at one con where people tried to use twitter, didn't work well.

15. Venger Satanis

Venger Satanis Level 0 Character

Made other hotel arrangements. 2 weeks is an incredibly short time to sell out. But, hey, good for Gary Con!

I submitted my game middle of last week. I assume it will be approved in a day or two.

VS

16. Rex

Rex Footpad

Hmmm.....still unapproved....ah well more time to see where I can squeeze in some more Games.

~Rex

17. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Dale and Luke,

Just a gentle reminder: I can't submit my games until I get my badge via my booth. Booth contract and fees have been sent in. I think grodog is still in the same boat, too.

Cheers,
    Jeff T.

18. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

Jeff,

Are you going to be running a game (or two) of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea?

19. ghul

ghul Chevalier

I intend to run at least two, but I can't enter them in the system at present. :)

20. Dale

Dale Administrator

You guys are both good to go. Thanks for the support guys!