Late Night Shindigs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PBurke, Feb 1, 2014.

1. PBurke

PBurke Level 0 Character

Any plans in the works for evening get-togethers like last year's Dead Games Society 70s party or the Castle & Crusades social?

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

I have not heard of anything, yet. But, the nightlife at Gary Con is known to be epic. Gaming 24 hours and some crazy social parties.

3. seskis281

seskis281 Level 0 Character

C&Cers will probably try to do so again at some point, but truth be told there's so much gaming and events this year spread over almost every day and evening it'll be a little tough likely - at least until the bar at midnight :)

4. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

How big is the gaming at the bar at midnight?

5. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Gaming in the bar is not always huge, what with limited (and small) table space. Much more open games happen in or near the restaurant area, which is next to the bar. But, if you are worried about drinks, you can take them with you. O yes... you are taken care of at GaryCon.

6. crunchy

crunchy Level 0 Character

Last year servers took orders for food and drinks right at the gaming tables if you so desired. I thought that was excellent service.

7. Dregg

Dregg Level 0 Character

Gygax Magazine is holding the Nerdly Pub Quiz on Saturday night.
    Three teams of three contestants battle it out with gaming and pop-culture trivia.
    It is slated for Saturday night at 10:00 PM

Location still TBD

8. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

The quiz will be assigned a table in the gaming area.

9. Dregg

Dregg Level 0 Character

I was hoping to have this event in the restaurant area, as it is a profile event for the Magazine.
    I will speak to Luke

10. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Doh! Should have ended my sentence with a ? Don't personally know but maybe this could open up a table for another late night event.

11. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Sounds awesome James, I'm thinking Micheal, Colin and I may have to test our trivia at that:)

And yes, the DGS will be inviting friends to dress in their best polyester leisure suits for a social gathering ala Hugh Hefner-esque fun back at the DGS condo, or as it will be called Saturday night, the "mansion."

12. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Saturday this year?

Sounds good!

13. mark

mark Spellbinder

Will Gary Con be a big party as it has been in all other years? I have two words for you . . .

Yon Yonson! :D

14. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

¶ What are you trying to say, Mr. Clover?

15. mark

mark Spellbinder

Ain't no party like a Yonson party . . . :D

16. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Yeah it's all fun and games till Christy McNichols shows up. :cool:

17. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

It's not a party unless she's chasing you with a knife!

18. Mirth

Mirth Level 0 Character

19. seanpkelley

seanpkelley Level 0 Character

So the DGS guys are going to do 70's again? Ok, I MUST dress for the occasion this year!

20. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

It's always 1979 when your hanging with the DGS :cool: