Registration Do's and Don'ts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OGRE MAGE, Feb 6, 2014.

1. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

As a first time registererer, I have a question...(or six)

Is it possible to register for 2 games that fall into the same time slot, or will the system not accept it and zap me into nothingness?

Obviously I don't mean 2 games that both start at the same time, but what about if there is only a half hour overlap from the end of one game and the start of another?

Or, when the description states "we will play as many games as time allows"? Is it ok to bail a little early then?

Do most games end a little earlier than the allotted time slot?

Please help.

2. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

I can't speak for everyone, but my games are intentionally submitted as 3.5-hour events, which gives as a bit of overrun time should we need it to finish up, long before the next events start on the next hour.

3. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

You can sign up for overlapping games.

4. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

Thank you sir's.
    One more please?
    Is it mostly just clicking on the games you want? Like "add to cart" and "check out"?
    Or is there a lot of info you need to type in? (event numbers and such)
    My typing Dex is at about a 4
    Also....anyone know if registration works on an IPad?
    Thanks!

5. Dale

Dale Administrator

That's it. Just add to your cart, then view shopping cart and check out.

6. draven

draven Level 0 Character

Let's assume there's 1 spot in a game available. If I register for this game and the game goes in my cart and have not yet checked out (i.e. I'm signing up for other games, not just leaving the game in the cart for a long period for no reason), can someone else also put the game in their cart and check out before me leaving me with no game? In other words, is the one spot still available to anyone to put into their cart before final checkout?

7. Dale

Dale Administrator

I believe the system does not work like that. You have to checkout for the event to be saved. Adding it to your cart does not "lock up" the event.

Hope this helps.

8. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Honestly, I'm unsure if games can sell out mid-checkout. I guess that is determined by system parameters. Just know some games, especially VIP games, go extremely quickly. I believe one or two were filled up in seconds last year.

9. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I believe Ernie has sold out in less than 3 minutes every year. SO don't wait if you want to get into a VIP game. Dump it in your cart and check out!

10. Gryph

Gryph Level 0 Character

Followed this advice, the good news I got into Ernie's game. The bad news, now I can't use the my SP to register for other events.

11. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Congratulations. 27 SP dead stock here. What is your dead stock?

12. khoffman

khoffman Level 0 Character

32 sp Dead stock for me.

13. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Ouch! Sorry bro. Were you able to get your GP events?

14. khoffman

khoffman Level 0 Character

The good news is I was able to spend all of my GP.

15. kersus

kersus Footpad

It's hard to complain too much. It was a frutsrating ordeal but I get to play with grodog, Rob Kuntz, forgie as well as some Chainmail. Nothing with Frank or Jim this year unfortunately, but I'm sure I'll get to sit and chat with them anyway. :)

My registration page shows me with 30sp and my Event search shows me with 35sp. It should be 30 I think. I did successfully spend my gp. Missed Frank's Ticket to Ride, but that was timing, not a glitch. My own fault.

16. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Level 0 Character

Yeah, I'm locked out at 9 SP. Guess I feel lucky. I still had to watch the last few games I wanted to join zero out. Guess I'll have to keep an eye open for vacancies.

17. Ben

Ben Level 0 Character

Does anyone know if there is an end date to submit events? The registration for events is still down and I haven't seen any documentation showing that we can't submit events after a certain date? Anyone want to clue me in...

18. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

There is another post about registration closing. They were not expecting it to reopen as they weren't sure they would have enough tables for the games that had already been submitted. Now that they have tables assigned, who knows, but I would guess no since they had so many games this year. If you can't submit anything, feel free to bring your game anyway, as there are lots of opportunities to run something in open gaming. I know I have some spaces that I will probably be trying to find something "unofficial" to fill.

19. Dale

Dale Administrator

There are always a TON of pick-up games. It is a crazy, yet, fun time.