GC VI Event Registration - Estimating February 9th, 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Dale

Dale Administrator

We are beginning to finalize the events for Gary Con VI. This should be completed by the weekend. Once done, we'll start assigning events to tables. We have 340+ events to sort through- our most ever! Thanks to all those running games!

Once this process is finished Event Registration will be opening. The estimated date is February 9th. It's not carved in stone, but gives us a goal to complete the tasks in front of us.

2. kvezner

kvezner Level 0 Character

When would event submission reopen?

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

We are not sure. Once we do the layout of all the games to the available tables- we might be full. We have 340+ events this year. It is a good problem to have. If Event Submission re-opens- we will make an announcement.

Thanks, and see you in March!

4. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

Dale you are my hero.

5. guntherfuzz8

guntherfuzz8 Level 0 Character

Does this mean that no further submissions are being accepted for the time being? I intended to submit three events, but kept forgetting to do so.

6. Dale

Dale Administrator

Yeah, I don't think Event Registration will be re-opening. I believe we have run out of assigned tables.

That being said; there are always pick-up games being ran throughout the Lodge (vacated tables, restaurant area, or hotel rooms).

7. guntherfuzz8

Any idea what time registration will go live on Sunday? Even a general idea like "noonish" would be helpful.

8. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Agreed: knowing well-in-advance when the registration go-live date and time will be is key to getting into the games we want to play :D

9. Dale

Dale Administrator

In years past the start date was 4pm EST. We are working to get everything done. Hopefully programming can be wrapped up Thursday night- then we can begin assigning events to tables. Once done, we will then be ready to open up for event registration.

We apologize for the no date carved in stone. It's currently penciled in for Feb 9, 2014 (Sunday) at 4 pm.

10. nesbit37

nesbit37 Level 0 Character

I assume that is 4pm CST, or at least whatever time it goes up It will be CST?

11. bighara

bighara Chevalier

He said EST in previous post, FWIW.

I hope my iPad works with the registration pages. Maybe I will have to lug my laptop with me Sunday afternoon. :?

12. nesbit37

nesbit37 Level 0 Character

I have no idea how I missed that. I probably shouldn't be checking forums less than 5 minutes after I have woken up I suppose. Thanks.

13. Dale

Dale Administrator

Yes, EST for all the times on the site. I am on the East Coast, so the rest of you must suffer the same fate. :D

I keed. I like the EC lifestyle. Got a great woman next to me too.

14. guntherfuzz8

Thanks for the info. Now I have a rough idea of what time to start hovering over my keyboard.

15. caddy1071

caddy1071 Level 0 Character

Hi! Do we have a confirmation that we're on for Sunday the 9th at 4 PM EST or not? Just trying to muster the troops, so we need to get some details out. :)

Thanks!
    Cory

16. amigaman

amigaman Level 0 Character

Any update on the 9th registration day as its only a few days away???

17. Dale

Dale Administrator

Not as of yet. We are having a software glitch in the system. Working to have it resolved. An update will be posted once it is carved in stone.

Hopefully, by tomorrow.

Thanks, and we appreciate the patience.

18. caddy1071

caddy1071 Level 0 Character

Hi! Getting pretty late in the day - how's the gremlin hunt? :p Will registration commence to tomorrow?

Thanks!
    Cory

19. Dale

Dale Administrator

Update: Feb 8, 2014 6:00 pm EST

The programmer is working on the code, as I am typing this. We are planning to launch Event Registration, Sunday Feb 9 at 4 pm EST.

This date is still not carved in stone, but we are going to try to make it a reality. We will make an official announcement by tomorrow morning. Cutting it close, but we are working hard behind the scenes to make this happen.

The time we begin the migration to Lake Geneva is getting close. Are you ready?

20. Blackthicket

Blackthicket Level 0 Character

Thanks to you Dale and all the others involved for your hard work!