Garycon II boardgaming events

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Mar 28, 2009.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

........and also, don't forget, if I get the commitment from Avalanche Press nailed-down, (for Garycon 2), they have a GREAT variety of miniature style games. Everything from roman to napoleonic, to their Great War at Sea series. They also have their Panzer Grenadier, but, I'm a Squad Leader (original series) man myself.

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

I thought Avalanche Press was from my area (Vriginia Beach\Norfolk), but their web site shows Alabama. I like their stuff.

Guess my memory must be faulty.

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

You would be correct on both counts. They still have a warehouse in Virginia Beach, but, their main base of operations is now located in Alabama. I believe the warehouse will be closing soon, after everything is transferred to Alabama. The move happened just a couple months ago. They're a great bunch of people. Doug McNair, whom I hope comes to GC2, helped with my old stores' grand openning. Drove down from Minnesota, dodging snowflakes, both ways!!

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Whoo Hoo! Great to have some mini gaming for Gary Con II. Of course the premier event will be the Circvs Maximvs race!

5. Dale

Dale Administrator

You do mean "The Demise of Luke Gygax Race" right?

So sayth the one who hires bounty hunters at his whim. :p

6. Melf

Keep dreaming! I am the undisputed Circvs Maximvs champion! I think i will bring along some servant girls and wine to entertain me during the race this year. Its such a bore trouncing the other competitors. :lol:

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

You might wanna try horses, instead of servant girls. Chariot moves a liitle faster. :lol:

8. Melf

I meant servant girls to peel grapes for me and pour wine. I will still shake the dice as I race around the Circvs Maximvs.

9. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

OH!!!! NOW I GET IT! :p , but I didn't see to many serving girls there at last years. Hope Dale in a toga will do. :lol:

10. Melf

Poor Dale! He always get the worst jobs. Last year it was working registration. This year its toga girl.
    :lol:

11. Dale

Dale Administrator

Haha.

The only way I am wearing a toga is there are hot girls and beer involved. Otherwise, you'll find me at the door checking yer badges. :p

12. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Looks like I'm bring a six-pack of Old Milwaukee & matches. :lol:

13. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

Badges?! We don't need no stinkin' badges!! :twisted:

14. Dale

Dale Administrator

^ I hate the two posters above me equally.

//Hooter girls, New Glarus beer, and show me your badges bitches. :p

15. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Oh, Ooh! Looks like I'm on someones' "POOP POOP" list. :shock: Guess he doesn't like Old Milwaukee. :lol:

16. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Ya know, I was playing, & teaching, Circus Maximus when Melf thought dice where sugar cubes. Lucky for him Deekin the Devastator is not racing. (P.S. Dale I work for food, SLIM JIMS!!!)

17. MAJ Bill

MAJ Bill Level 0 Character

I was thinking about bringing, "Formula De'". The first edition, not the recently released new edition. It's a pretty fun racing game. Is there any interest in that?

18. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

I would jump on that "firm commitment" bandwagon
    Aside from Mr. Kask's reserved slots, I think only saw another person (or so) with their virtual hands up thus far, so ...
    ::crossed fingers::

19. nukeddude

nukeddude Level 0 Character

damn I'm going to miss all these games :(

20. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Not ALL of them; just MOST of them!! :p