Event Registration OPENS at 4 PM (EST) Sunday, Feb 9th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale, Feb 9, 2014.

1. illum

illum Level 0 Character

Well, this is unfortunate. I was able to get my first choice event but unable to register for anything else. Any word on whether the admin is aware of the issue? I assume they are but an acknowledgement and or suggestion would be nice. Can we manually request an event or are we just locked out?

2. kersus

kersus Footpad

Doctor Who - Into the Void

0 GPs, 3 SPs

That would be neat. One slot left. I have 30+sp.

3. ekimus

ekimus Footpad

Event Registration glitched. Can't spend anymore silver after spending all gold. Tried to return a gold event to see if it freed up silver and no joy. Now I can't get back into the gold event and the gold for it didn't reimburse in my coins.

Need to shut this down, fix it and have a new fresh registration day. Only fair way of dealing with this.

Badge # 02620

4. ThrashLibrarian

ThrashLibrarian Level 0 Character

Locked out, too, but got most of my points spent.

My concern is that I got my calendar mixed up and accidentally picked an incorrect GP Game in a time I had a conflict. I was able to return it, but I wasn't credited with a GP. My registration says I have 4 silver and 0 gold, even though I only have 1 GP registered.

Badge Number: 02583

5. storycrafter

storycrafter Level 0 Character

+1

6. ekimus

ekimus Footpad

To be fair, this Event Registration needs to be a complete do over. Fix the problem, set a new registration date and start everyone from scratch.

7. Icetower

Icetower Level 0 Character

Got some events I wanted. Checked out. Games with SP show a zero cost, while my account has the correct amount of SP spent. If I try to register for more events,( I only have SP left), the site tells me I do not have enough SP to purchase the Event.

8. nguilbault

nguilbault Level 0 Character

no kidding...

9. kersus

kersus Footpad

Well, I got my gp events that were important to me, I'll miss the others but maybe I'll run an open gaming event as I have nothing booked Thursday or Sunday now..... Maybe come a day later and leave earlier, save some money.
    ...and I might make the auction!

10. zorman

zorman Level 0 Character

I have the same silver point glitch. Spent all my gold, doesn't recognize the silver points. I also returned a gold point event--didn't help.

11. Dale

Dale Administrator

The programmer is indicating we seem to have a goblin in the system. Please give us some time to find out what has gone wrong.

We will update shortly. Thanks.

12. WendyKris

WendyKris Level 0 Character

Since I was unable to get any SP events, due to the glitch at the checkout, I think those of affected by that glitch, should be allowed to get into some of the GP events that are still open. It would help make up for this disaster, at least for me, since some of the SP events I wanted are now full. ;)

13. Dale

Dale Administrator

The programmer has indicated he has taken out a few goblins from the code. Please try now to checkout.

Thanks, and we sincerely apologize for the snafu.

14. scorcha

scorcha Level 0 Character

Worked for me! Thanks!

15. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

The wife and I experienced several "server errors" that prevented us from getting into a few of the same games together. I'm not going to freak out or anything but I'm wondering if others had these same issues and would be willing to swap some games around.

I might be willing to give up my Saturday Night Special with Frank Mentzer if someone got into The Tunguska Affair and would like to trade. (we got one of each of those)

16. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Well, don't do that. Wretched Swamp is awesome! Frank killed both of my PCs when he ran it in his home game. We raised one and the other remains at something like -40 hit points. Good times. :D Folks at a con last year described it as "Tomb of Horrors in a swamp." I don't think it's that bad, but you'll definitely remember the experience.

17. pruttm

pruttm Level 0 Character

DId I miss the email on open registration?

18. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I don't believe there was an email on registration opening. It was announced here on the forums several days ago.

19. pruttm

pruttm Level 0 Character

That is very disappointing. I have managed to get most of my items in previous years. I didn't know it was happening today so most of my list is shot. My brother is coming for the first time too. Now we will have to play separately. I'm sad.

Pete

20. Dale

Dale Administrator

We apologize for the issue, but we worked hard to make it a smooth process.

Don't be sad. We have 100's who buy their badge on-site and have a fantastic experience. There are tons of games, events, & VIPs to more than make up for a glitched registration start. Everything is working now. And, it is an amazing gathering of friends & extended family. I promise.