Only 1 Chance to Spend SP (Make it Wisely)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stahlnee, Feb 9, 2014.

1. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

A whole bunch of folks have discovered that you only have on chance to check out for events that cost SPs. So make it wisely. After the one chance you will join us in limbo.

2. mlpeel

mlpeel Level 0 Character

I didn't get even one: I registered for my GP events and got locked out.

3. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

That isn't true. I checked out multiple times with silver piece events.

4. IronWolf

IronWolf Level 0 Character

I was able to register for SP events in two different rounds. I realized I had forgotten to register for the Goodman Games seminar and had to go back to add it and it let me.

5. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Same here.

Didn't lock until 3rd/4th time.

6. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

True for myself.

7. Ceronomus

Ceronomus Level 0 Character

True for me as well. It also looks like it has been true for a number of folks who regged their gp events and can now spend none of their sp.

8. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

27 SPs Shopping cart below

Event Title Event ID Cost Action
    Civilization (1981, 1st AH Printing) 412502 0 GPs, 3 SPs Remove

Reply from system

You do not have enough points to register for that event. Please choose another event or remove an event from your cart.

Status 6 tickets left.

9. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

After second time with GP event then remaining SP are dead stock.

10. ekimus

ekimus Footpad

Need to shut this down, fix it and have a new fresh registration day. Only fair way of dealing with this.

11. kersus

kersus Footpad

I'm sure they can come up with something to compensate those with many sp left. I have faith. I have been eying a disco ball.

12. daveculp

daveculp Level 0 Character

I was able to register for my SP events one at a time with no problems. I registered for almost all of my events by placing an event in my cart and then immediately checking out, repeating until I had all my events.

I think the problem is running out of GP first. I registered for my GP events first, but I had 1 GP left over that I did not spend.

13. Crimson Fist

Crimson Fist Level 0 Character

I used the cart 6 different times for both go and sp events. Bought my one go event halfway through though.

14. nguilbault

nguilbault Level 0 Character

Do you think they might add seats to the games we wanted? I doubt it ... this is an expensive weekend for many of us who travel to get here. We want to play in certain games and have done our due diligence to make that happen. Unfortunately, we can't control a server side bug <speculation>caused by poor testing and/or coding until 1am the night before registration (as a professional coder i'm well aware of the bugs injected at 1am on the day before the system goes live)</speculation>. A $40 refund doesn't really mean crap when you've planned on spending airfare, hotel, rental car, food, etc. It's the games we want...or at least a fair crack at them. There are a lot of folks in worse shape than me, but we all have a reason to be pissed off.

15. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Confirm that running out of GP results in being unable to spend remaining SP!

16. Dale

Dale Administrator

Hahahaha. This made me smile.

Everything is fixed now. Thanks for the patience everyone. Don't forget Wednesday night at the Bar in the Lodge is the pre-Gary Con party. Some drinks & munchies will be provided. ;)

17. Madcity

Madcity Level 0 Character

Everything is fixed now. Thanks for the patience everyone. Don't forget Wednesday night at the Bar in the Lodge is the pre-Gary Con party. Some drinks & munchies will be provided. ;)[/quote]

Cannot wait! Want vacation! :D

18. barnett1967

barnett1967 Level 0 Character

I think they should have some sort of lottery drawing for those most coveted seats.