parking at 330 Center Street?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grodog, Feb 12, 2014.

1. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Anyone have suggestions on where to park for the events at 330 Center Street?: I assume that with the large number of events going on there, that street parking in front of the house will be unavailable (assuming that it's not zoned for no parking already, of course ;) ). Is parking at Horticultural Hall feasible, for example?

2. mark

mark Spellbinder

I'll see if I can scout it out but I think street parking should be fine. It's well before the crowds of out-of-towners descend on Lake Geneva and the snow should be all gone by then (I hope!).

3. nesbit37

nesbit37 Level 0 Character

Would it be worth putting up a carpool board at the lodge for these events? I don't see why all players need to drive separately if they are going to just head there from the lodge and then return there. Parking wasn't exactly flush when I saw the house last year.

4. paul j. stormberg

paul j. stormberg Chevalier

Hey All,

There is parking available in the lot of the accounting firm across the street. I am working out just how many spots there are. I also have been looking at a passenger van as my vehicle up there. It would be able to carry at least 9 passengers but it doesn't seem to be necessary.

Futures Bright,

Paul

5. mark

mark Spellbinder

Thanks, Paul. Let me know if you need me for some local legwork as this is figured out.

6. quithanire

quithanire Level 0 Character

Organizing a shuttle or carpool would be nice so we don't lose our parking place at the lodge. I know boo hoo right lol.

7. crunchy

crunchy Level 0 Character

Will we be allowed into the basement to check for secret doors, sloping hallways, et cetera?

8. Thomas Tullis

Thomas Tullis Level 0 Character

Who else is playing in the Friday afternoon game 213403 Recall the Beginning: A Journey from Greyhawk?

9. quithanire

quithanire Level 0 Character

My wife and I are playing in the Friday afternoon game.

10. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

I'm signed for one game there (posting via phone, can't check)...I may be driving a van and will be happy to carpool if it would help.

11. nesbit37

A carpool would certainly be appreciated. I should be at the house on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon. I will have access to a car but it's a bit complicated since I am flying in and not renting a vehicle.

12. daveculp

daveculp Level 0 Character

I am playing in the Friday 6:00pm "Recall the Beginning" game, I will have a rental car while I am at Gary Con. I am willing to shuttle people to and from the Friday 6:00pm game, just PM me.

13. DieCastGames

DieCastGames Level 0 Character

I am in the 6:00 PM "Recall the Beginning" game on Friday. My brother is in the Thursday 6:00 PM game. Is there anyone who would like to trade either night so we could be in the same game?

-Shawn

14. nesbit37

Shawn, I can trade you my Friday spot for your Thursday. Just send me a PM and work out meeting up when we are in Lake Geneva.

15. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Very cool. Big thumb's up! Gary Con is the best.

16. Um.... unless Lake Geneva has changed DRASTICALLY, it's a street corner in a residential neighborhood. This is Lake Geneva, not NYC.

I really, truly, honestly doubt if parking will be an issue, unless there's heavy snow. Oh, crap, I just said that, didn't I. :shock:

17. nesbit37

Game downstairs and upstairs at the same time, that's ~12 players plus gms and then factor in anyone trying to arrive early for a game in a time slot immediately after preceeding games. If everyone drives separately it's a lot of cars and there isn't that much street space. Besides, why annoy the neighbors by having a bunch of loud gamers stealing all their parking spots?

18. LGguy

LGguy Level 0 Character

I have a fully furnished vacation rental home available that is a 5 minute walk to 330 Center St. It's also an 7 minute drive to the Grand Geneva. It sleeps 8 adults. You can check it out at this link -

http://www.vrbo.com/374007

You can also contact me directly if you have any questions @ 630-863-8993.
    Bill

19. Swiv_Snapshot

Swiv_Snapshot Level 0 Character

On street parking in Lake Geneva is free for the first two hours, then the tickets start. The City takes it very seriously, even this early in the year.

There is free parking at the City lot next to Eastview Elementary School- it's about a two block walk to Gary's house.

http://www.cityoflakegeneva.com/index.a ... BASIC&SEC={62A7A408-F4B2-4B25-9F24-558208ADC2B3}&DE={6D24B7C2-7007-4D42-8AA9-34E30A8223B4

(Sorry, can't seem to embed the URL for some reason)

I would offer spots at my office, but the out of towner's grab them as soon as they open up.