Vendors at GaryCon VI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DieCastGames, Jan 28, 2014.

1. DieCastGames

DieCastGames Level 0 Character

Die Cast Games will be making its 1st show as a vendor this year. We have made it to the last 4 GaryCons but never as a vendor.

We have 3 OSR(Old School Renaissance) products: DCG1 Insidious(a low level module written by Devon Hibbs with artwork by Jeff Easley, ACM1 Kingslayers by Martin Britt, and last but by far not least C1 Night of the Black Swords(written by Allen Hammack with artwork by Jeff Easley and Diesel). C1 is being ran by Allen this year at the convention.

We will be bringing many out-of-print items for sale including 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3.5 Edition D&D, non-TSR goodies and many other games including some war games. If you have any items you are looking for feel free to ask at [email protected] and we will do our best to bring them if we have copies.

-Shawn

2. DieCastGames

This year is the vendor area open on Thursday? Also what are the hours for the vendor hall?

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

Dealer room hours for Gary Con VI:
    Thursday 9am - 5 pm
    Friday 9am - 5 pm
    Saturday 9am - 5 pm
    Sunday 10am - 2 pm (ish)

I hope this helps. Thanks.

4. DieCastGames

Thanks very much. :D

5. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Last year it seemed like most/all of the dealers were packing up or gone by Sunday morning. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong, but I'd recommend hitting the dealer room by Saturday if you want to pick stuff up.

6. bbarsh

bbarsh Level 0 Character

I think tear down for many began mid-morning. Packing up a booth takes a bit of time and unless you are staying through to Monday, it is just a necessity to start earlier rather than later. Doubly so if you have a Sunday afternoon event. For me it is a six hour drive home not including unloading. It is back to work Monday morning and I suppose other vendors have the same issues.
    The addition of Thursday is pretty awesome! Hopefully, this gives everyone a better chance to check out the dealer room.

7. mark

mark Spellbinder

Given all the reasons, and with the addition of Thursday, maybe next year the dealer room can just be closed on Sunday. It would probably be nice for the vendors to have a day when they can just be sure they are gaming and if they have a long drive like bbarsh, they don't have to feel worn and torn after a such a wonderful convention. A few extra signs to be sure everyone is aware of the change and I wonder if many folks would mind.

8. Dale

Dale Administrator

The dealer room is still making last minute sales on Sunday.

So, it will always be open on Sunday- as it is a great place to pick up deals, talk to the various artists, and to get final purchases in before Gary Con closes.

9. extsr

extsr Chevalier

So if you have anything left after the Saturday auction, be sure to hit the dealer room on Sunday. :cool:

10. bbarsh

bbarsh Level 0 Character

I absolutely agree with this. There are always people making last minute purchases, decisions, etc. on Sunday. I try to stay as long as possible...Hell, who wants to leave? :)

Mark, I really appreciate what you are saying. Long before I was a vendor, attended conventions for 25 years as a gamer. It is just a different way of attending now. Plus, other than Gen Con, I have plenty of time for fun and I get to meet a ton of people who I might never get a chance to talk with.