PRE-CON PARTY & Gaming @ Frank's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by extsr, Mar 2, 2014.

1. kvezner

kvezner Level 0 Character

I'll attend (one person) and I can drive. Thank you for the opportunity!

--Kris

2. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

Take -1 from my party. He was slain by a time elemental and is due for resurrection Friday morning. I will be driving also and have room for 1 more.

3. quithanire

quithanire Level 0 Character

I will be at the lodge with my van about 2:45 and I have room for four in my van if anyone needs a ride, first come. I am not sure what time I will be leaving the party to come back to the lodge. I would like to pick up our badges and hang out a bit but I am flexible.
    regards,
    Chris L. Taylor

4. skars23

skars23 Level 0 Character

I'd love to attend and will try to make it if my flight and car rental go well :p

5. extsr

extsr Chevalier

UPDATE: RIDE PLANNING

Overall, things are going well. The #1 problem is going to be parking, but we knew that. Reminder: Until 01 April ::sigh:: absolutely no on-street parking at my house. (It's a County Road, special winter regs.)

What to do Next (read carefully!)

The list at the bottom should show those 'with vehicles' and everybody who 'needs a ride.'

Everybody: Check to be sure the info about you is correct. Then please post your desired time to arrive & depart. (Departures will often be more flexible.)

Riders: Please contact a Driver whose timing approximately matches yours.

Drivers (and anybody else who wants it): Please email me for directions, at ExTSR at aol.com
    You'll get a PDF with general & specific information and maps.

Once that starts to shake out: Drivers, post updates ("can take 1 more leaving hotel 4 pm!"). Try for full vehicles please. If we get crunched, either I or some volunteer can take you back to the site (25-30 minutes).

Parking: If you have an SUV/4wd vehicle, you'll almost certainly park on the lawn, next to my back yard. If you park nose-to-the-fence, there's plenty of room to turn around and leave normally (without having to back out the gravel driveway). Please try not to spin tires & leave ruts (but things happen... it's okay, it'll grow back). We can fit 6-7 typical cars in the gravel drive, along one side, leaving easy access to the back/side yard parking. I thus hope we have 10-12 4wd/suv's for dirt parking. Yes, there's room.

A recent PHOTO of the place is here (old realtor listing):
    http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhom ... rce=images

Other Notes

Food: Debbie is planning like mad, but there should be all sorts of cookies, brownies, home-made Italian bread, snacks, beverages sugared & non-, tea & coffee. We're planing for healthy snacks as well as others (you might be on junk food the rest of the weekend). Some gluten-free will be provided. byo beer or beverage of choice if you're picky. Dinner (serve yourself family style) is penciled in as Italian Beef sandiches and Chicken something (similar).

Activities: The weather will be warm enough to venture out onto the deck and back yard, but it's certainly not warm. For the adventurous we do have 2 acres, with a small wood; feel free to stroll the grounds. There will be gaming areas (with many games handy) for up to 7-8 games at once, if you're so inclined. We have seating for 35-40, so that shouldn't be a problem. If you bring kids, and if they like our 2 dogs, the (enclosed/fenced) back yard will be lots of fun. ;>

Hidden tip for those who actually read things: Are you superstitious? Do you like Fame Rubs? My office desk useta be Gary's, back in the '70s. If you ask nicely you can sit at my/Gary's desk and roll dice on it. Maybe it'll help you during a killer game. ALSO, I'll be giving out party favors and a couple of door prizes, all gamer stuff.

CURRENT ATTENDANCE

Drivers

Zog
    blusfn3 +Andrew Schwartz
    Bracton
    Buttmonkey
    Caddy1071 +5
    draven +2 (Tullis, Porter)
    Fuesar +1
    FuZHero +2
    GeneralLopez +3
    Kaskoid
    Kersus +1
    Kvenzer +1
    Mirch
    Mordrin
    quithanire
    Raic
    SethWarfield
    Scorcha
    Silas
    skars23
    WendyKris

Need rides

blackthicket +1
    Deogolf
    DJCheshireChat +1
    draven +1
    EricRexPeterson
    geekpreacher
    Mirch
    quithanire +1
    Rex
    Schoolmaster
    Scorcha +1
    SethWarfield
    ShaggyKorean
    Silas
    Stahlnee + 1
    Traxion
    WCM3
    WendyKris +1
    Zog

NOC list (Not Otherwise Categorized)

DJCheshireChat
    Michael Curtis
    Francisca +4 (car full of family)

6. draven

draven Level 0 Character

I'll be bringing Fat Dragon Games (Tom) and Keeper (Randy) with me.

7. DJCheshireCat

DJCheshireCat Level 0 Character

Correction: Bryan (DJCheshireCat) doesn't need a ride, but may not be departing from the hotel as we may be heading in from the airport.

8. kersus

kersus Footpad

Sounds like you have a pretty full list. I'm not 100% sure my arrival time yet but if there's room I'd like to go with my +1. We're checking into the convention hotel Wednesday at some point. I can drive (small car fits 5 tightly) or happy to ride if there's room for my +1 too.

9. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Updated.

Remember: This weekend, try to post your desired/approximate visit times (3-7, 5-9, 3-12, whatever).

If you need a ride, you do the work; contact appropriate drivers and get rides.
    Should be easy; lots of available vehicles.

Drivers, remember to advertise for "1-2-3 more!" (as appropriate); parking will be the tightest aspect of this (unless you have an SUV/4wd).

F

10. George.Fields

George.Fields Level 0 Character

Frank, would it be ok to drop in for 20-30 minutes just to say Hello without taking a big part in the festivities?

11. extsr

extsr Chevalier

No prob. Pls try to find a ride...

12. WendyKris

WendyKris Level 0 Character

WendyKris (Wendy Lord) and FuzHero (Chris Clark) will be riding together. We have not yet decided who will be the driver. We plan on meeting at 2pm at Con site. We might have room for 1 or 2 other riders. If someone needs a ride, let us know or come search us out.

13. Bracton

Bracton Level 0 Character

I should be arriving at the Con site around 2 pm. Giving time to check in to the hotel and pick up my badge, I figure I'll be leaving around 3 or 3:30 pm. Likely staying until 9 or 10 pm, possibly later. I've already got one other in my car, with room for two more.

14. kersus

kersus Footpad

I'm not sure when we're arriving yet. Long trip and it can be fast or slow depending on traffic. I'm sure we could combine with you if we get there in time. Archergirl and myself (Dwight).

15. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Hm, have only sent directions to 4 people so far... maybe it'll be a quiet little party. ;>

btw, if you browse the grounds and/or the woods, please report any large bone and/or grave you find.
    But if either is moving, please return to the house quickly.

16. kersus

kersus Footpad

Sorry, I spoke out of turn. I won't have a +1, and would prefer to carpool with someone. Just trying to nail down our travel plans as I type. My hope is to get back to the resort before too late so I can be rested for the Con, but it would be cool to make the party even for a few hours.

17. extsr

extsr Chevalier

CURRENT ATTENDANCE (grumble won't let me edit previous post grumble)

Drivers

Zog
    blusfn3 +Andrew Schwartz
    Bracton
    Buttmonkey
    Caddy1071 +5
    draven +2 (Tullis, Porter)
    Fuesar +1
    FuZHero +2
    GeneralLopez +3
    Kaskoid
    Kvenzer +1
    Mirch
    Mordrin
    quithanire
    Raic
    SethWarfield
    Scorcha
    Silas
    skars23
    WendyKris

Need rides

blackthicket +1
    Deogolf
    DJCheshireChat +1
    draven +1
    EricRexPeterson
    geekpreacher
    Kersus
    Mirch
    quithanire +1
    Rex
    Schoolmaster
    Scorcha +1
    SethWarfield
    ShaggyKorean
    Silas
    Stahlnee + 1
    Traxion
    WCM3
    WendyKris +1
    Zog

NOC list (Not Otherwise Categorized)

DJCheshireChat
    Michael Curtis
    Francisca +4 (car full of family)

18. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Menu update

Snacks throughout: Cream cheese brownies, fudge oatmeal bars, 3 kinds of cookies, popcorn, chex mix, dips & chips, fruit plates, veggie trays

Dinner 6-7ish (family style/serve yerself): Soft & hard tacos (shredded chicken) & Italian Beef sandwiches, tortellini salad, black bean salad

Dessert: Apple pie, Peach strawberry pie, Blackberry cake

(All baked goods c/o Debbie, proprietrix, The Baker's House)

19. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I plan to head over to Frank's around 4:00 and can take 3 people with me. I plan on returning to the hotel around 8:30-9:00 p.m. I'm also planning on parking in town and walking the rest of the way to Frank's to alleviate some of the parking congestion and get some exercise before spending 4 days sitting on my butt. I believe it's only a 10-15 minute walk from town to Frank's.

20. extsr

extsr Chevalier

House is roughly 1000 yards from a good free parking area near the center of town.
    But we can handle a dozen vehicles here, maybe more. We'll see.

Several old friends are coming; I'm sure I can impose on some to shuttle folks half a mile.