Garycon Ride &/or Room Sharing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by duchess of urnst, Aug 25, 2013.

1. duchess of urnst

duchess of urnst Level 0 Character

If you are in need of or are able to offer a ride and/or room space. Please post here.
    Please be advised that it is only reasonable to expect to pay fuel chipin and/or 25% room cost or both. No one is offering a free ride or lodging. Also note that 1 person paying 25% of a room should get 25% of bed space (like in two double bed rooms). If you are only offering floor space perhaps something like 12.5% would be more faire. But as always arrangements between parties is your private business and does not involve the convention in anyway.

Now that said. I live in Milwaukee and am interested in sharing a room. A ride share may be an option.
    about me: I am a non smoker. I do snore often lightly but it can be louder. If pets are involved i would need advanced notice to make certain i bring my allergy meds.

Thank you for reading my post. Comments welcome.
    Mr Rachael Strange

2. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

Re: Garycon Ride &/or Room Shareing

I am looking for someone who has a space available in their hotel room, preferably at the Lodge. I have Thursday and Friday off, so I definitely want a room Thursday- Saturday night, and would be willing to stay Wednesday night as well to get in on some of the pre-Con gaming. I'm a non-smoker but I do snore.

3. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

It looks like most of the rooms have pull-out couches in them so I'm surprised that this thread isnt getting more action.

Hey Scott....when I asked Julie how she felt about another person staying in our room she looked at me like I was an Ettin. (2 heads)
    I guess that means I cant help you out on that one. :roll: (I guess I shouldnt have married such a diva) :D
    (check your PM's)

4. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

No problem. You tried anyway. I'm sure as it gets closer, people will realize they have an empty spot in a room and start trying to fill it.

5. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Scott308,

I am looking for people to share in the cost of a reservation I have. I tired to PM you and it they were not delivered.

Contact me if interested.

Best,
    Edwin

6. pickin_grinnin

pickin_grinnin Level 0 Character

I would MUCH prefer to stay at the Lodge than in an off-site location. Given that it is full, I would like to see if there is anyone who has a reservation who would be willing to split the cost of the room. I am interested in Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, if possible. If your reservation doesn't run that long and I have to spend Wednesday night at another location, that's not an problem.

I would be willing to pay a little more than 50% of the room cost. I just always prefer to stay in the host hotel at conventions so I don't have to do a lot of running around to get there each morning. I am going to rent a car at the airport and drive in, and would be happy to give you a ride if we are getting there or leaving within a few hours of each other.

I am a 47 year old male library director. I don't smoke, and am not wild in any way. When I'm in the room I will either be sleeping, reading, on a computer, etc. I can sleep through anything, so you wouldn't need to tiptoe around. I wear a CPAP, but it makes very little noise - not enough to disturb your sleep in any way. If you go to sleep earlier than me, I'll go in the lobby and read until I get sleepy, so I don't disturb you. I'm very easy going and friendly, and not annoying in any way.

If you are worried about sharing a room with a stranger, I will give you whatever information you need to check up on me (even enough to run a background check, if you like).

Thanks!

Jesse

7. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Heading from RI to LG via I80...anyone in New England need bulky stuff (boxes of books, displays, a big whiteboard, etc) brought, say so...unlike airlines, I do not lose luggage or have TSA rip it apart! Not sure on ride sharing...have to talk to my current passenger bout that.

8. sugarwookie

sugarwookie Level 0 Character

I'd like to find a floor to crash on. I'm a 44 year old fireman, quiet and not obnoxious. I'd be happy to split a room and don't need a bed.

PM me any info!

Thanks,

David

9. My wife and I may need a ride at least to the resort. We would help out with gas and other stuff. PM me for more info.

10. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

So. How about taking something BACK from the con?

11. shaggykorean

shaggykorean Level 0 Character

hi all!

my original hotel, the french country inn actually closed for garycon, so i've been scrambling to get rooms reserved elsewhere. i lucked out with the geneva ridge on wednesday and thursday. wish i coulda got a friday.

but before that i was about to make reservations on airbnb.
    thought i'd share, the lady was super nice to talk to.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2552268

it's ten minutes away.

oh she said she'd give garycon peeps a little bit of a discount. just inquire within. :)

12. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

It's a bit late, but I thought I would at least check.

I was planning to have the family come with me but plans changed.

If you are interested in splitting a room with me let me know. I just have a single king so you'll be getting the pullout.

gizmo

13. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

What is it, how big & heavy, and where is it going?

14. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

we have a friend who cant make it in until Friday so we have floor space (or pullout if there is one for WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY nights only at the ridge (convention site). PM me if you need a place to crash.