GaryCon VII dates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maclaird, Apr 6, 2014.

1. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

How many did we have this year, diaglo? There had to be what, 9, 10 of us?

And that was a pickup game!

Oh...and dibs!

2. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Gah! I tried to book a room and was put on a list to be called back once the Lodge finalizes things with our room block. Exciting stuff.

3. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Yup. Me too.

4. bbarsh

bbarsh Level 0 Character

Same here, but I just received a confirmation email that I have my room. All is good!

5. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I got my confirmation email as well. Now we can start nagging the Gary Con crew for an event catalog. :)

6. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

FYI - The room block was put into the system earlier today. You should get an updated confirmation if you previously received one. They are working through those and the listing of names.

7. guntherfuzz8

guntherfuzz8 Level 0 Character

Is there going to be a special "GaryCon" room rate again this year and if so, what is it?

8. francisca

francisca Troubadour

you bet!

9. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Got my room. Good to go.

10. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Got the room! Only had single kings left.

11. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Wow, really? :shock:

12. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Well, that's what they said when I asked about a 2nd bed in case my daughter wanted to come this year.

13. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

last year i thought i had a 2 bed and ended up with a king and pullout in the end when the reservation all settled.
    one of the guys i was travelling with pulled out so it didn't matter. the other guy got the pullout.
    but this year i wanted to make sure i got the 2 bed. since so far it is the 3 of us again.

14. bighara

bighara Chevalier

I just called to check on the sleeper sofa thing and managed to switch to a double queen room that came up. So that means my king room is available for the moment.

15. ThrashLibrarian

ThrashLibrarian Level 0 Character

I requested a double queen last year and ended up with the King with the pull out. It was fine. Two of us shared the king and the other guy volunteered for the pull out. Plenty of room for everyone, and have the couch for the day was nice. That said, when the bed was out, it was a bit of a hassle navigating that side of the room (to get to outlets and stuff).

16. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

I thought I might be too late, but I just got my room today, and they asked if I wanted the king or two queens.

17. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Weird. Maybe people are canceling some reservations? I hope their booking system isn't goofed up.

18. guntherfuzz8

guntherfuzz8 Level 0 Character

I just made my reservation for a double queen room with no problems. FYI the base room rate I was quoted was $95, but with the resort fees and local taxes the per night total will be $118.59. So nearly 20% of the per night cost is for fees and taxes :(. Still better than what it would cost to attend Origins or GenCon though.

19. silas

silas Chevalier

I heard the hotel was already sold out. True?

20. tellion

tellion Footpad

Quite possibly, but I'd call the resort to be certain. Some people may simply be checking the resort's website availability which wasn't showing any availability past February '15 when I checked it as soon as the CGVII dates were confirmed. However, I was able to call to make a reservation. Even it the resort is currently booked, you should call. If they have a waiting list in the system that you can be added to, then do so. Otherwise, call back periodically (especially as the date approaches) to see if anyone has cancelled. With no charge for cancellation with advance notice, many people may have made a reservation even if they were not certain if they would be able to attend.