Date for Gary Con VII: March 26-29, 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale, May 6, 2014.

1. Dale

Dale Administrator

The dates for Gary Con VII have been carved in stone! March 26 - 29, 2015!

We hope to see everyone there. Start planning, saving, and preparing to join us- and your other 600+ extended family members in March 2015!

2. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

i'm there. as is my buddy Dave. room booked.

3. silas

silas Chevalier

The weekend of my wife's birthday :(

4. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I'd like to thank the Gary Con crew for getting the dates pinned down early this year. It makes it a lot easier to plan for Gary Con when we know the dates early and can start scheduling around it. You guys do a spectacular job running the con!

5. Rex

Rex Footpad

And Sold out already it seems....... *sigh*

~Rex... :(

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

You live in Chicagoland. Comes to Gary Con and drive home for the evening of her B-Day and do what Hubbies do. Make breakfast in bed the next morning then head back north for the gaming. Unless there was more you would do if you weren't going to Gary Con, I doubt she'd want you to skip the event. What did you two do on your B-Day? (G-Rated version, only, please. :p )

7. silas

silas Chevalier

Mark:

I did something like this year when the date for Garycon moved: next year she won't go for it. I was in the dog house for a few days as it was.

8. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

I too am thankful to know the dates this early. I think that helps for a lot of people.
    Thanks to everyone involved in those hard "executive" decisions.

Unfortunately, finding a weekend that works for 600+ attendees is simply impossible.
    (that's easy for me to say....my wife is coming with me......and we're both heathens :lol: )

9. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Got the approval for my vacation request today. Gary Con VII, here I come! :D

10. jwagner

jwagner Level 0 Character

Are you talking about the Lodge? There are rooms available, but you have to tell them you are going to the convention.

11. mark

mark Spellbinder

Bummer. :(

12. Tom Pamperin

Tom Pamperin Level 0 Character

Gary Con VII will be my first ever gaming convention--when does registration usually open? I'm hoping the earlier comment about "sold out" isn't accurate...

Tom

13. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Ha, ha.

No, they are referring to rooms in the hotel that hosts the con (which probably isn't really sold out - but some employees confuse rooms blocked off for con use with rooms actually reserved by individuals).

Badge registration starts late this year and event registration starts early next year.
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1166
    (last year's dates)

14. tellion

tellion Footpad

The Con is most definitely not sold out. Those comments would be in regard to the availability of rooms at the resort. Badge registration hasn't opened yet, and based on the last couple of years, that won't open until late summer or fall with actual event registration not happening until February. So, check back on the Gary Con facebook page or the website for updates. Speaking as one who made GCII his first gaming convention, I cannot recommend a better venue. I have made the pilgrimage from Oregon every year since.

15. Tom Pamperin

Tom Pamperin Level 0 Character

Thanks--I figured June was a bit early to sell out an event in late March, but it's nice to be sure.

Tom

16. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Why do we CELEBRATE getting old, anyway?!