Event Submission Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skip, Dec 4, 2015.

1. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Events are in the system.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  2. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

All times corrected in the database. Errors might continue to display -- this is a known issue that our webmaster is working on.

3. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Hi Skip,

Thank you.

Can you also make sure the "System" is in the database?

Best,
    Edwin

4. Skip

They're in there! ;)

5. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

Thanks Skip, assuming the display issues get resolved before event reg goes live in January. It may be obvious, but it's pretty critical that the display view be resolved and operational for online event reg to be useful and meaningful.

6. DMPrata

DMPrata Level 0 Character

OK, here's what I see now:

Event Title: "The Pit": One Adventure, Three Systems (3/3)
    Issue: Should be 3/3 from 12:00–6:00 for AD&D. Using the View link, event time incorrectly shows 6:00–12:00; system is correctly AD&D. Using the Edit link, system and time are correct.

Event Title: "The Pit": One Adventure, Three Systems (3/4)
    Issue: Should be 3/4 from 12:00–6:00 for AS&SH. Using the View link, event time incorrectly shows 6:00–12:00; system is correctly AS&SH. Using the Edit link, time is correct, but system is blank.

Event Title: "The Pit": One Adventure, Three Systems (3/5)
    Issue: Should be 3/5 from 12:00–6:00 for Call of Cthulhu. Using the View link, event time incorrectly shows 6:00–12:00; system is correctly Call of Cthulhu. Using the Edit link, time is correct, but system is blank.

Yes, the AD&D event should be 13+. I'm going to tone that one down a bit for a wider audience. Thanks for checking!

7. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Skip, I should probably make the Moebius Maximus event 13+.

Could you edit it to make that for me (don't want to push my luck editing the event myself).

http://garycon.com/game/moebius-maximus/

Thanks,

8. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

I thought I would download the ics files for each day and see what is there.

All of the entries I've looked at so far (only like 5) have the entries like:

DTSTART;TZID="":20160303T220000
    DTEND;TZID="":20160304T020000

So I'm guessing the start/end times are being stored in UTC (I'm guess since there is no TZID it defaults to UTC).

However, some events are displaying correct start times, e.g.:

http://garycon.com/game/palace-of-shadows/

March 4, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - March 5, 2016 @ 12:00 am

In the Details portion of an event's page the start/end times look correct. It's just the "too large to miss" times are not always correct. At least for the few I've checked.

Weird.

9. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Thank you.

10. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Also please add name of individual running the game to the display.

11. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

good point!

12. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Any chance of getting mine listed as being "Squad Leader" instead of "other"? One is "The Road To Wiltz", the other "Stalingrad street fighting". Thanks.

13. conantdave

conantdave Administrator Staff Member

Updated to 13+. Should be good.

14. conantdave

You're correct that the system uses UTC. That was one of the time issues early on since many of the events were entered in Central Daylight Time (now in Central Standard Time). Making the adjustment to UTC-6 fixed some, but not all. As Skip has pointed out, our Webmaster is still working on that...and we'll continue to monitor.

15. conantdave

I show both of these events as being Squad Leader.

16. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Thanks mucho

17. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Events are in the system.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  18. conantdave

We're making sure the name of the GM will be included in the Event listing on both the Pre-Reg site as well as in the on-site program. Not sure you're seeing it in your view yet, but Skip and I are now seeing it on our view of the events. Thanks for bringing it up.

19. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

yeah, I'm seeing a GM name for mine... unfortunately, instead of my name, it's showing my wife's name... so it's showing the name for the spectator badge I ordered instead of the silver badge for the primary name... not to complain or anything!

20. Skip

Okay, that's a new one.
    I'm sending you a private message.