Event Submission Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skip, Dec 4, 2015.

1. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

Hey Skip -

I posted a question about batch submitting a group of events for a group of DM's, in it's own thread, but no one with GaryCon admin has responded:

http://garycon.com/community/index....tration-admin-re-batch-event-submission.1355/

Could I please get a friendly "aye" or "nay" to this question so that we can get our twenty-some events submitted soon-ish, either as a batch submission or individually by each DM?

2. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

Posted in your thread and also sent you a PM.

3. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

Thanks Skip!

4. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

5. Skip

Your name is missing from the database as well. That field is automatically populated from your profile in your Gary Con account. If you have a complete profile, let me know and Dave or I will get it fixed. If you don't, complete your profile and your name should display after our web master next updates the site.

6. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Skip,

were would that be?

I looked under

http://garycon.com/my-account/

and

http://garycon.com/my-account/edit-account/

My info looks complete in both places.

Is there another page I can try?

7. Skip

If you have logged in and then gone to my account, and then on to edit account details and your real name is showing correctly in both fields there (there's a first name field and a last name field) then we'll need to get our webmaster to check things out and fix the fields or links. PMing you.

8. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Hi Skip,

I have submitted two events to be ran Thursday thru Saturday at Garycon. They are Von Deekin's Star Wars: Armada, (which was successfully submitted) & Von Deekin's Wings of War, which is where the issue is. The Wings of War event should be starting each day (Thursday, Friday & Saturday) at 8:00am & run for 2 hours, until 10:00am. The submission comes back as starting at 4:00am & ending at 4:00am. (WTH?)

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx!

......& MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

The Keeper

9. Skip

You have discovered one of the more charming features included in our web software.
    Dave and I will fix the issue and drop you an email.
    And a Merry Christmas to you as well!

the keeper likes this.
  10. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Thanx, again! OH, & yes, VERY CHARMING. ;)

11. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

I submitted three events: one for Thursday 12pm-4pm (looks right), one for Friday 8pm-12am (time listed incorrectly starting/ending at 8pm), one for Saturday 12pm-4pm (looks correct). If someone could fix the Friday 8pm game's length so that it spans a four-hour block, that would be great. Thanks.

12. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

I submitted two events, and it seems to have worked fine!

Though I couldn't select the following slot as an alternate time, so I just put that in the comments.

13. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Just checked...yep, it does. Don't mind me, I think I need more coffee. :confused:

14. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Skip,

these are not my events but I think there is an error in them:

http://garycon.com/game/aerodrome/
    http://garycon.com/game/aerodrome-2/

GM: Seth Warfield

The start at noon on one day and end at 4pm on the next day, e.g.

Start: March 4, 2016 @ 12:00 pm
    End: March 5, 2016 @ 4:00 pm

That is 28 hours of gaming, which is possible with 24 players I guess, but I doubt it since the events are listed at the same time in back to back days.

15. Handy Haversack

So, for what it's worth, my events show up with start times of 2:39 PM. Which I guess could be OK? Except they're also supposed to start today, and I just can't get to Wisconsin that fast! I'm sure it's just a bug since when I refresh the "My Events" tab, it changes the start time to the current time (CST). Anyway, just in case it's important.

16. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

17. Handy Haversack

Gizmo, that's right. Weird--the start time is messed up when I few it on the "My Events" tab but not when viewing the event itself.

Thanks!

18. Skip

Dave and I just had a conversation with our (overworked) web master and there was an issue with the site reporting times incorrectly. The webmaster says that's fixed now.

19. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

I'm locked up for that slot, but my daughter might try to get in on it. Sign up for Divine Right Fri 10-4 if you can, Michael. Mark Clover is running it and it's great fun.

-JmC

20. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

I'm not sure if this is an issue really or not.

I didn't see an entry for the Circus Maximus Finals.

It's not something you can register for, but it's nice to have it listed.

It's after the auction on Saturday. Last year it was listed as Started at 7pm and going for 5 afters. Tim Kask is the GM for it.

I don't have any of the text but basically it starts whenever after the auction. Time enough for Time get something to eat and a bit of a breather. Entrants are the top 3 from each of the qualifiers heats plus some exemptions determined by Tim (mostly previous champions, and people like Luscious Maximus :)