Registration Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BIglehart, Dec 28, 2015.

1. BIglehart

BIglehart Level 0 Character

Is there an issue with login? I'm trying to purchase tickets, but when I get to logging in, my password does not work. I select the reset option, give it my email address and get the link to reset, which I use... but then when I attempt to login with the new password, it tells me that it is 'incorrect information'... Any suggestions?

2. DMPrata

DMPrata Level 0 Character

I had a similar problem in IE a while back. I was able to log in with Chrome (and the new password) the next day.

3. BIglehart

Thanks, but I just tried the whole process again today in Chrome with no luck. I didn't give it any time though... so I suppose I could try again later.

I logged in, added items to my cart, went to check out, tried my password (with no luck), selected reset my password, got the email, reset the password, then tried to log in with it... no luck. This was all in Chrome this time (though it was in IE the previous times).

4. BIglehart

Nope... gave it a day, still not letting me log in to purchase my tickets. Forum login works fine though... 8^\

5. Grimaryl

Grimaryl Level 0 Character

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I have now created an entirely new user name/account to see if I can buy a badge now.

6. Grimaryl

Grimaryl Level 0 Character

Yeah, it acknowledges that my new account is created, but keeps telling me I have my info wrong.

7. BIglehart

Yep, I tried that just now too. Trying to create a new account just gets me the message that there is already an account with my email. Plus, if there is history connected to my account, I'd just as soon keep the old one, so I have access to the list of games I played in past years.

I don't see any other obvious way to get help with these sorts of issues. If I need to, I guess I can create a new email account and try to create a new account here, but making an email account for one thing is a pain and leads to missed messages. I was hoping after the holidays someone might address my issue...

8. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

FYI => keeping your old account does not currently provide for access to the list of games you played in past years.

9. BIglehart

Thanks for the info, I thought it had in prior years, but may have been mistaken. In case, I did try to create a new account, but cannot because my old account already uses my email.

I didn't see any contacts for tech support on this issue, so I may just check in here with a bump every few days and see if anyone from the con ever responds... I guess my next step after that would be finding unrelated GC emails (dealer contact, etc.) and asking for help.

10. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

They definitely used to be available via your profile in the old system.

11. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Past years I was able to find the info. When I am logged in this year I can not find the info.

12. cjhooker

cjhooker Level 0 Character

BIglehart, were you ever able to get any help with this? I am having the same issue with my login not working.

13. BIglehart

Nope, I was hoping by keeping this bumped, someone would contact me. I'm starting to get a little nervous, because I don't know when event registration is. I may end up creating a new email account and trying - inconvenient, but better than missing out...

14. cjhooker

cjhooker Level 0 Character

I just noticed the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums, so I gave that a try. Like you, I didn't see any way on the main site to get help.

If I don't hear anything soon, I may use a different email address, too.

15. Angry

Angry Level 0 Character

I've tried that and it does not work. They will not answer you no matter what you do. I'm very frustrated with this entire process. No way at all to communicate with these people that I can see...

16. BIglehart

I finally gave up and created a new account, which required a new email... So I have tickets, at least. I would have preferred to get my original account working, but just got too nervous that they'd open event registration suddenly and I'd be floundering. Since no one official seems to be communicating, I couldn't help wondering if I'll just come on the forum some day and see people discussing how their even registration went... and I wanted to be ready if that happened.

17. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Sorry to see all the issues. I know Thomas and Co have beenlaser focused on event registration. It looks like he missed an email asking for help.

If you need help still ping me on fb if the admin email doesn't get you any help. I'll also ping Thomas and ask him to check on this string to see of we can identify the issue for you guys.

-Luke

18. BIglehart

Thank you, Luke. I think I'm good now, after giving up on my old account. With the new account I have tickets purchased and have successfully tested login again after checkout. I appreciate you checking in!

19. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

If you're having issues logging in, try clicking the Login button in the upper, right corner (as opposed to clicking on a link that requires a login and then trying to login). I think the issue is that Wordpress wants a successful security image check, but the window for that only appears when you login through the Login button. Other ways don't appear to open that window and it won't let you login without it.

20. Angry

Angry Level 0 Character

Tried that long ago. I get the security image check, and I type the code correctly, and it then asks for my username and password. Log in always fails at that point. If I tell it to reset my password. It seems to allow that, and tells me to check my email for my new password, which never arrives. NO IT'S NOT IN MY SPAM FILTER.