Return a Platinum ticket

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by diaglo, Jan 21, 2016.

1. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

hi guys,
    I messed up with the dates. I will be in Baltimore for my Mum's 80th birthday on March 3.

Want to make sure someone else has a chance to use the diamond ticket.

How do I return it?

think non-IT person with little or bad use of internet and computers. so explain it very well.
    thanks,
    diaglo

David Temporado

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  2. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

Diamond ticket not platinum

3. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Thomas got your request. In this specific case we need Luke to finalize it and he's travelling at the moment. We'll get you your funds ASAP.

PBurke likes this.
  4. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Yeah....just go on ahead and put that in my name and leave the charges on diaglo's account...he's good for it :D

5. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

thanks.

I need to get a hold of Dave Bedell too. since I will have to change my Playboy club reservation.

6. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Just leave it in Dave's name and we'll run up a few extra charges. It's all for a good cause.

7. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

I plan on bidding on a bunch of really expensive things in the auction in dialgo's name as well....just put it on his tab!

8. Lestyan

Lestyan Guest

I have a gold badge that I would like to return for a refund because the recently posted information on the diamond and platinum badge holders being able to pre-register gold and silver badge holders for premium events has left me convinced that the truly premium events will be sold out before I -- or any gold badge holder who doesn't also happen to be associated with a diamond or platinum badge holder -- even have a chance to purchase them. Although I love the con itself and have attended three times previously, this situation, along with problems from prior years: serious registration problems two years ago and a DM not showing up for the only premium event for which I was able to register the year before that, for example, has convinced me that it just isn't worth the aggravation that unfortunately has become part of the GaryCon experience for me.

On the upside, I have a reservation for a room in the Grand Geneva which I will cancel upon resolution of this, so there soon should be an opportunity for someone who hasn't been able to get a room at the convention site to do so.

I would appreciate it if someone from the con management could contact me at my email address concerning this request.

9. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Hi Lestyan,

I've sent a message to your registered email to address your specific issues.

To address this in a general context, only a very small number of badges get early access- the total buying power of those folks only accounts for somewhere in the neighborhood of 5% of available seats at the Con. Personally, I've always attended as a volunteer and never actually pre-registered for a single event and always had a blast including access to VIPs that I couldn't imagine at another Con. I truly believe that regardless of what badge type you hold, you will have a unique and wonderful experience at this Con. I'm not saying this because I'm staff- I'm staff because I believe it when I say it. I hope we can work something out.

10. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

I bought the Platinum badge and after working out my registration choices on excel, I could not possibly register for every event I want. There are only so many hours in each day and with 4-6 hour events, there is a lot of clashing on my ideal 'wish list'. Even after the 17 people with those badges all register, there are still a TON of events to choose from. Will the Celebrity Game be still open? Likely not. But that does not seem like every VIP will be gone either. To be fair, my badge costs 4x as much as a Gold Badge, and the Diamond is 8x the cost. It does seem fair in my mind that those folks pick before me, and the next tier down picks before the significantly lower cost badges.

11. howandwhy99

howandwhy99 Level 0 Character

Got the message. PM'd you if you still need to get a hold of me.

12. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

did you make it for any of the action?