Is anyone arriving Wednesday night?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erik Olsen, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

I'm coming in the night before the con and was wondering if it was common for folks to show up early as well. I know a bunch of people are local and I imagine just commuting, but it'd be great to get in a pick up game before the official festivities commence. :D I am SUPER excited for my first GaryCon!!!

mark likes this.
  2. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I'm hoping to be in shortly after lunch time on Wednesday. At the old venue, there was a kick off party on Wednesday night at the hotel bar. Frank has also hosted a Wednesday night party the last two years, so you will probably have options. I'm bringing up some board games (7 Wonders, Small World, Splendor, Munchkin) for some Wednesday night gaming.

mark likes this.
  3. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Bunch of people will be there Weds night if prior years are any indication.

4. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

Ohh Munchkin! Any idea as to where you'll be gaming Wednesday afternoon evening?

5. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

We're planning to arrive Wednesday evening, and we're not leaving until Monday morning.

6. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Oh that's great news all the way around! Thanks everyone! I'm also there until Monday morning. My flight back to Russia is not until Monday afternoon.

Tink333 likes this.
  7. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

In the past, there has been more drinking than open gaming on Wednesday, but there is gaming...and drinking and gaming.

Melf, mark and Erik Olsen like this.
  8. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Probably a fair point.

Melf and Erik Olsen like this.
  9. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

But surprisingly few drinking games. Maybe they should show crappier movies in the bar!

Melf, Erik Olsen and dndgeek like this.
  10. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

I'll be bringing some vodka from Moscow, so if anyone wants to try some... :D

sir jon likes this.
  11. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I'll bring the Malort.

Erik Olsen likes this.
  12. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Not at this point. I don't know the layout at the new venue. I asked at least a month ago about whether an open gaming area will be available on Wednesday, but never got a response. I'll be figuring it all out when I get there.

13. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Oh god...the Malort.

Drinking...and Gaming...and Drinking...on Wednesday night, it used to be a lot of board and card games and light stuff, and just a few RPG's. In recent years, there have been more and more pickup RPG's as more people arrive on Wednesday night.

I expect to be in the bar by 5:00 PM and just letting the flow take me where it wants.

Melf likes this.
  14. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Sounds like a series of rounds of Cards Against Humanity or Beer Money... or something.

15. Reidzilla

Reidzilla Level 0 Character

I'll be in on Wednesday afternoon. I could easily be talked into running a DCC Crawling Under a Broken Moon pick up game of some sort.

Scott308 and PBurke like this.
  16. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

That sounds excellent.

17. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

I'll be in on Wednesday afternoon. I could easily be talked into playing a DCC Crawling Under a Broken Moon pick up game of some sort.

18. Reidzilla

Reidzilla Level 0 Character

Sweet! We can coordinate more as the con gets closer.

19. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sir jon and dndgeek like this.
  20. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Open gaming is going to be in several spots. In the large corridors and some on the upper level IIRC. Its more decentralized. Next year we get the Grand ballroom and will have more space to have a consolidated open gaming area.

Traxion likes this.