Registration Technical Issues? Post Here. Updated Sunday 11:30pm EST

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brendar, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Hey, that was fast. Registered Events looks good now!

2. Will Black

Will Black Level 0 Character

As of 11:45pm 1/31/16, my GP/SP count is not right. Yesterday one of my GP was converted to SP to register for an event. Currently my counts are 3GP / 896 SP. I think it should be 3GP/47SP (it was a 5SP game, and had 1 left from the original batch). Unless gold is still 900 silver on the market. :)

I probably won't be looking for another game for a while, so no rush to fix it.

3. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

My registered events are not correct. I asked them to restore my earliest ticket events as I was in the same boat as others. My 'Registered Events' showed I got them but gold was not spent. I panicked and spent gold on random stuff so that the majority of the Gold I bought with my $500 ticket did not go to waste. These were just anything I could spend gold on that the system allowed. They kept those and I didnt get the original stuff I wanted but had in my Registry as apparently they did for others. I sent in a new ticket to fix this.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  4. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Oh, and no emails at all except for my VIP event.

5. BIglehart

BIglehart Level 0 Character

This is what I ended up with, but I assumed my initial order, with no gp/sp subtracted, was not really registered, even though it initially said it was. It no longer shows me as registered for those items, but does have the 'backup items' I added. Many of the games it originally showed I was registered for are filled up, and, sadly, I just assume I'm out of luck with them. Sorry to say, I suspect we are not part of the 'Most of you really did get registered for what you were told you were.' That said, my wife and I are booking some other games, which we hope will be just as fun. (A little bummed that we're missing the only (official) FATE game running though, since we've gotten into the system after a few previous GC games...)

Tink333 likes this.
  6. Tink333

Tink333 Footpad

What appears to have happened is if no coins were deducted for those registrations, the registration was not actually made.

In my case I had six registrations for four events and coins only deducted on the seventh submission for two events. Those two events were the only ones I actually got into.

I also still do not have email confirmations. I am hoping the team addresses this tomorrow. I know of others who still do not have email confirmations as well as you and me.

BIglehart likes this.
  7. BIglehart

BIglehart Level 0 Character

Yep, this is similar to what we saw... I had 2 spots in ten games (for my wife and I) in my initial order and registration, w no coins deducted or emails. The backup items I tried (including a few of the original picks which were still open), did deduct coins and had emails sent, and those, but not the original batch, are showing up as registered now.

Tink333 likes this.
  8. welleran

welleran Footpad

I have an email with two tickets for In For a Penny on Saturday at 8pm that are not reflected on the My Account page.

9. Thomas Tullis

Thomas Tullis Level 0 Character

10. mordrin

Yes, as far as I know, they're leaving it at 900:1 (for this year).

11. mordrin

Just a cosmetic quirk

Thomas Tullis likes this.
  12. digitalmystic

digitalmystic Level 0 Character

Identical situation for me as well. While my friend and I got into just one of our first picks (one of Mr. Brinkman's Mountain Monsters Cthulhu games!), I am still incredibly jazzed about everything else we'll be playing all weekend. I'm also positive we'll have good luck trawling for open gaming during any free slots. And if not, we'll just wing it and run something for ourselves on-the-spot. It's going to be a blast!

13. rabidweasel

rabidweasel Level 0 Character

Any idea when the cart is going to be back working? Have events in the cart but still getting the 404 error.

14. argopellter

argopellter Level 0 Character

15. argopellter

argopellter Level 0 Character

I did not get anything I submitted right at the time and it gave me nothing, I tried multiple times but kept glitching on me. So I get nothing? I got everything initially the first time, but there was a glych and I lost all of it and then a second time happens and glyches again and then you do not redo it? That does not seem fair.

16. Helius55

Helius55 Level 0 Character

The event registration items in my cart do not show up in my registered events, despite attempting to check out multiple times last night and this morning. I get 404 errors and random coupon code errors, but none of the events I sign up for make it into my registration. I paid for my badge earlier in the month, and I am also a volunteer that is working all day Saturday and Sunday. I am taking off work on Thursday and Friday to play events, so I want to make sure that I can get into them. I tried using different web browsers, refreshing the cart, and everything else I could think of. Please advise. The items are all still in my cart.

17. Gravon

Gravon Level 0 Character

Ok, I followed the instructions and sent a report, but I could not find the events name or ticket number, only the order number. Also, I don't think my silver pieces are right, and there was no check box for that.

18. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Erik, you are in the small number of folks that still do have some issues with their order. We're tracking and will fix it.

19. brendar

Reiterating this part of the update to answer many of the questions I've been getting:

20. brendar

Also in clarification: it seems for the most part, if you attempted to fight the Internal Server Error message with multiple submissions, only the last registration submission you sent processed, as the software overwrote previous attempts in its processing queue as it tried to catch itself up. I will add this to the update above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.