VIP Mike Reese Looking for Ride Sterling Heights Michigan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paul j. stormberg, Jan 22, 2016.

1. paul j. stormberg

paul j. stormberg Chevalier

Howdy All,

Working on all of the Legends of Wargaming travel at this time and Mike Reese, co-author with Gary Gygax on Tractics.

Mike lives in Sterling Heights, Michigan (suburb of northern Detroit).

If you can get Mike to the Con on Wednesday/Thursday and back home on Sunday/Monday, I'll cover half of your gas for your whole trip! (As an added bonus Mike will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about tanks!)

Post here or email me at [email protected] Thanks!

Futures Bright,

Paul

PBurke likes this.
  2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

I might be able to do this, depending on the vehicle we rent. Let me check with the other drivers...

3. paul j. stormberg

Thanks Jason!

4. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

How much stuff has he got (and anything sparkly)? :)

5. paul j. stormberg

Nothing sparkly - only camo and rust. Mike will have a duffel and (I think) two cardboard file-boxes but I'll check to be sure.

6. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

I listened to Mike and Kevin Cabai talk about tanks for 5 minutes and was amazed. It was relating to how some miniatures hand how they were labeled and how it didn't match up to reality. Like, "tank blah mark X had a round hatch while mark Y had a square hatch, which isn't reproduced in the minis".

That's an astounding amount of recall and detail. So yes, if you have a love of tanks or don't mind hearing about tanks...Mike can help you out.

And that my friends is why you go to Gary Con, to overhear stuff like that.

Well, that and do great things like shake Jeff Perren's hand while playing Chainmail, and then about 12 hours later make a fool of yourself in front of his daughter by forgetting that he helped right Chainmail. Right Paul?

I will now never ever forget that Jeff Perren wrote Chainmail with Gary. Never.

PBurke likes this.
  7. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

[​IMG]

8. paul j. stormberg

Howdy All,

My thanks to Jason (dndgeek) for his help with a Legend of Wargaming! He represents the best in what Gary Con is about!

Futures bright,

Paul

PBurke, Melf and Scott308 like this.
  9. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

More thanks to Jason (dndgeek) for giving a lift to Mike Reese. I hope to be able to part take in an event he is running this year.

paul j. stormberg and Melf like this.
  10. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

No problem, folks! Happy to help.

PBurke and paul j. stormberg like this.
  11. ogrevampire

ogrevampire Level 0 Character

Thanks Jason!!! I wasn't able to convince my wife to detour to Michigan from Chicago, a car ride with Mike Reese = Priceless.

Melf likes this.
  12. JIm Kitchen

JIm Kitchen Level 0 Character

Part of me knows that is so horribly out of the way it isn't feasible.

The treadhead part of me is so excited about this idea that I'm ready to drive to Michigan now because I've not had anyone else to chat about armor with for so long I might pass out from joy.

paul j. stormberg likes this.
  13. Ollie

Ollie Level 0 Character

Jason,
    If something goes south, I live in Southfield and will be going with my son. I can be a backup if needed.