THANK YOU!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ogrevampire, Feb 1, 2016.

1. ogrevampire

ogrevampire Level 0 Character

I for one want to say a big THANK YOU to the staff and volunteers of GARY CON!!!

I have worked in IT for nearly 20 years and I know the frustrations and issues that can come up and always the worst times.

You all have done an AWESOME job in dealing with this. I APPRECIATE the dedication and TIME that you have and continue to pour into this labor of love. From what I read on the forums you all have been GO!! since Saturday morning, and I wanted to extend my personal thanks to each and every one of you. I owe you each a hug!!!

THANK YOU all for making Gary Con such an amazing event that it is, and for going ABOVE and BEYOND to make this happen!!!

Eddie Enzenbacher
    Ogrevampire

mark, Poindexter, mordrin and 3 others like this.
  2. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Thanks. It does mean a lot to the staff to know that we aren't letting everyone down. We tend to concentrate on the people who need help and lose perspective on the rest of you for which things worked out.

We've been going non-stop actually since about Thursday night, but yeah. And I'm totally cool with hugs, I'm a hugger. Beer is good too.

Unfortunately today we had to face Monday and see if we still had day jobs and families waiting for us or if they gave up. We're still on it through this week though!

mordrin and PBurke like this.
  3. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the kind words Eddie. The team logged a ton of hours to get registration up and fixed. The amount of effort people give to make Gary Con happen every year is a real testament to the gaming community and the legacy of my father. I am eternally grateful to them and to all of you guys who come and help us celebrate every year.

mordrin and PBurke like this.
  4. PBurke

PBurke Level 0 Character

+1

5. Michaelsandar

Michaelsandar Level 0 Character

Agreed with the original poster. There are quite a few of us who didn't have any problems and for which things went smooth. Hope things continue to go well with the fixes!