Can I get my swag bags

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christopher Bunting, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Christopher Bunting

Christopher Bunting Level 0 Character

If I do not attend Garycom is there any way to at least get my 3 gold badge swag bags?

2. ogrevampire

ogrevampire Level 0 Character

If you message me I can try and collect them for you and mail them to you. If it's allowed. Tshirt, swag bag and cup.

3. Christopher Bunting

Thanks, I let you know if it can work that way.

4. datagoblin67

datagoblin67 Level 0 Character

There are SWAG bags? Whaaaaaat!?

5. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Oh yeah...all the way back in July of this year, just before badges went on sale, Caroline Teets posted some pretty specific information about the various levels of badges. There was a ton of information there, most of it drawn from the GaryCon web site - but clarified as there were questions (at the time) about what various benefits meant.

If you're curious, you can find the post here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/58339157369/permalink/10153477056152370/

6. athornton

athornton Footpad

Hey, @jim skach , can you cut-and-paste the text from that post? I don't have a Facebook account, and my lack of Facebook account is not an oversight or an accident. And that post requires login to read.

7. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Sure, though most of this information is and was available on the web site (I think now under the Registration Know it all post). But here...enjoy!

8. athornton

athornton Footpad

Thanks!

9. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

(emphasis mine)

This is what made me think Gold had the chance to preregister and not have the same registration chances as Silver. Oh well.

10. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

This is what made me think Gold had the chance to preregister and not have the same registration chances as Silver. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
    in this context, preregister meant to register previous to the con. Silver badges are preregistration too.

11. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

So I see the difference in the text there. Register vs. Preregister. Words matter, right?

We didn't intend for any priority registration to be implied here- that's just an example of unfortunately inconsistent wording. It's always been the intent at Gary Con for everyone to have more or less the same access to the VIPs- they are, after all, a big part of why you come. Aside from a very small proportion of guaranteed seats allocated to premium badge holders, everyone has the same chance/base to-hit percentage/THAC0/etc to sign up for VIP games- but that if you pay more for higher tier badges, you get more currency to spend/chances to hit/attacks per round.

That's already in our lessons learned for next year, but that's a pretty good specific example.

12. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

I know Luke has mailed Tshirts to badged people who couldn't attend before.
    I don't know the size/weight of the swag bags, but I think there's a good chance it can be done.

13. Christopher Bunting

The core issue is, what do I have to do to allow someone else too actually pick up my swag bags.

14. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Just let us know. PM me and I'll pass it on.

stahlnee likes this.