Registration Update 2/13: REGISTRATION IS CLOSED

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brendar, Feb 5, 2016.

1. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Gary Con Goers!

We are happy to announce that we will re-open registration for everyone this coming Sunday, February 7th at 12pm EST. After a hard weekend and week of diagnostics, repair, and customer service resolution, we are almost there!

System Update:
    Our registration system itself is repaired, tested, and ready to go again. It has been for some time. The delay has mainly been because we want to make sure we get to each and every one of you that has a problem resulting from the software error BEFORE we reopen registration on Sunday. We're nearly done.

Ongoing Issues:
    Several of you still have ongoing issues that will be resolved before we reopen. Several more of you will be contacted tomorrow morning about issues in your cart that we found but haven't heard from you about.

Registration Reopening:
    For everyone with currency still in their cart: there are a ton of games still open! VIP seats are half sold! Even more SP seats are still open!

Badges will be on sale again, so if you didn't get one or need one for a friend, there are still over half our seats available for reservation! Get it now!

Lessons/Help Wanted:
    While we've taken copious notes, fielded many good suggestions and much feedback, we're still listening. The overwhelming majority of you didn't have a problem, but too many of you did. That's not acceptable for us.

Clearly we need more hands on deck next year. While we didn't necessarily expect completely smooth sailing, the effort involved in repairing the damage was beyond what our all-volunteer staff expected or could handle as fast as we wanted. We'll be looking for coders and customer service next year. If you are interested in helping out, keep your ears open.

PBurke likes this.
  2. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Still haven't fixed my issue with n event with confirmation e-mail but not in my registered events.

3. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

If we already HAVE stuff we are registered for...do we need to re-register?

4. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

No.

I think almost everyone got some of their choices already.
    This reopening is (primarily) for people to fill in the gaps, where their first choice event was already filled, but they still want to preregister for something else.

PBurke likes this.
  5. brendar

All correct. We had to shut everything down in order to handle the software error that was causing duplication and oversold events. We're still working on mopping that up but will be done by Sunday morning. Then we're simply opening the doors again so people can continue to add events with unspent currency, or register in the first place if they weren't around last weekend.

6. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Is anyone going to answer my quedtin I have asked for over a week? I have a confirmation e-mail for an event that does not show up in my registered events. I submitted a form last week and still have not received a reply.

7. brendar

There are still several outstanding clean up actions to take before we open tomorrow. I'm making a note to check back with you tomorrow morning to make sure you are complete.

8. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

Guys, my friend Kevin--GaryConID monkeydono1--got frozen out completely at registration. He works a lot and I'm not sure has had time to register a formal "look at me." If you could take a look, though, and just see if he should have gotten into anything . . . well, all seven of us who are coming out for it would appreciate it. Thanks!

9. brendar

PM me on his behalf unless he can. I'll see what I can do.

10. JIm Kitchen

JIm Kitchen Level 0 Character

Email and PM sent.

11. brendar

On it, Jim. We really appreciate you working with us so far.

12. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

Thanks! If "Start a Conversation" is the PM of this system, I said this:

Hey, Brendar,

Thanks for this. Kevin's working and can't get the time to do this himself. Anyway, he is one of the people who got absolutely no events from what he had in his cart, and from what I can tell from how you guys have been looking back at events, he probably should have gotten at least *something*. He has a Silver Badge. I just talked to him on the phone and know he's going to take a look in the morning, but I think that I should note him as someone whose account should at least be examined.

Thanks much!

See you in Wisconsin.

M

13. Liverpuncher

Liverpuncher Level 0 Character

I am one of the individuals who lost all their previously registered events. I currently show a double entry for my coins. Can someone confirm this won't stymie my attempt at registering for events again?
    Thank you.

14. nik

nik Level 0 Character

I'm showing the correct items in My Registered Events, but I also appear to have my original coins. Is this a known issue? I know it's been said that if events show up under My Registered Events, you are good, but I am showing all of my gp and sp as being unspent.

15. brendar

Is the data in your My Registered Events accurate? Or are you missing something you think you should have?

16. DMPrata

DMPrata Level 0 Character

I attempted to register for Celebrity D&D (Player) last Saturday. The order appeared successful, and 3 GP were deducted from my account. As of this morning (now T-46 minutes until registration reopens), I have not received a ticket for that event, it does not appear in My Registered Events, and my GP total has not been reset to indicate I didn't get the event.

I submitted a form earlier this week. We were told all issues would be resolved before registration was reopened. I'm still awaiting resolution.

17. brendar

Celebrity D&D was sold out by Diamond and Platinum badge holders, almost entirely as their guaranteed seats. This was one of the games that allowed some oversold tickets we then had to remove. Your GP balance should be restored so you can register for any of the many VIP and other events remaining.

18. brendar

Ok, so we looked into his account and it looks as though he has a full cart ready to go but hasn't attempted to check out. We can't force the cart for him, but he's ready to press submit as soon as registration goes live.

19. DMPrata

DMPrata Level 0 Character

Thanks. I expected that was the case. As of one minute ago, I have my 3 GP back.

Jarlaxle likes this.
  20. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

It's a half hour before event registration opens again and the games that I asked to be returned a week ago still aren't returned, so I will not have the coins I need to acquire the games I want. I sent a follow-up message this weekend, adding a few games that I wished to return, but got still got no response and now that I can't register for different games at the opening of event registration, I may wish to keep those games, so someone please contact me. I would have sent this message earlier, but my daughter and I spent the last hour and a half looking for replacement games for the one gold event that she successfully registered for, a 2gp slot that she was going to play in with her friend, that was removed from her cart some time last night, less than 24 hours before event registration was to reopen, because the event was overstocked. Thank you for your attention.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016