Don't mean to be overly dramatic, but is it too late to request a refund?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DSG, Feb 4, 2016.

1. DSG

DSG Level 0 Character

I do realize that when I purchased my badge, it was past the deadline for refunds, but with the latest event registration mess, I thought I'd voice the question.

I didn't get registered this past weekend, and many events I was interested in were removed from my cart.

Fair enough. This isn't my first con rodeo.

So I picked out a secondary slate of interesting things, and within the past 24 hours, more things have been removed from my cart. Including my one remaining "gold piece" event my lowly silver badge could manage to sneak into.

In all fairness, I realize you're still working out the kinks, but this has been like a punch in the gut. Ironically, the main silver event I was interested in (The 7 Bowies and the Disco ray from Planet Abba) was removed in the same kind of gut punch I felt when I heard that David Bowie had died.

These communication things.... You guys mentioned that it's been bad, and I haven't seen it improving.

What events are left? Can I even see that? Will this change? Are any slots going to be returning?

This would have been my first Gary Con, and I'd still like to attend, and I know how to amuse myself even when registration doesn't go my way, but...this has been a real challenge.

2. DSG

DSG Level 0 Character

I guess with no response, the answer is no? As would be consistent with the info on the website. But missing out on so many events has been very disappointing.

3. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I can't speak to your particular registration situation, but you can definitely see which events still have tickets available. If you are on the main Gary Con site and look up the event listing under the Events tab, you get a page that lets you search for events by GM and game system. There is a box you can check to the left of the "Find Events" button that allows you to only look at events with tickets available.

PBurke likes this.
  4. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Also if you download the CSV file and open it in excel, there's column for tickets...filter out the zeroes and you're good to go.

5. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Skach, you talking about the official csv file? I can't find a tickets column.

6. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Last column, mathboy...

7. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Hmm, I don't see it from the file I get from http://garycon.com/event-list-export/

I have the following columns:

'ID,Day,Slot,Duration,Title,Description,"Game System(s)","DM First Name","DM Last Name","Number of Seats",GP,SP

8. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

You suck...end of lesson.

That, or I mixed up your export and theirs...

So anyone reading should take two things...three things away.

1) I suck.
    2) gizmo sucks.
    3) get gizmo's csv if you want the tickets column

PBurke likes this.
  9. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

All are valid statements.

PBurke likes this.
  10. PBurke

PBurke Level 0 Character

You can search the events listing and click the "only events that have tickets" box to see what's still free -- and a lot of amazingly good stuff is still available.

Hope you reconsider, and I hope to see you in Lake Geneva next month.

11. ogrevampire

ogrevampire Level 0 Character

Stick with it PBurke. There is a specific place to look and post if your having problems. Posting here will not allow others to help you, post where they are looking. Try posting on the facebook page for much better visibility. https://www.facebook.com/groups/58339157369/?fref=nf