FrankenParty III, 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by extsr, Feb 6, 2016.

?

Are you coming to Frankenparty III?

1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    81.1%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I wish, dogonnit

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Staying on-site to start gaming early

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Frankenparty the Third
    Pre-Con Party and Gaming and Such

Date: Wednesday 02 March 2-16, Afternoon/Evening
    When: 3 pm until late (9p? Mid? Who knows?)
    At: Frank Mentzer's house
    Where: Sharon WI, 24 miles away

Back during the Troll Lord days (Lake Geneva Game Conventions), Gary & Gail hosted a wonderful open house in Lake Geneva. This is an attempt to continue that tradition, still in Walworth County but a little further out.

In June 2013 we moved into our new/final house, and the work is almost done. Now the outside is (mostly) red, and there's a new (usable!) front porch, both since last year's Frankenparty. As always, we'll be socializing and playing boardgames, cardgames, roleplaying, guitars, and whatever.... Feel free to bring favorite games. Expect to be occasionally photographed.

Families & kids welcome. We have two small, friendly dogs (lovers not fighters) and a caged parrot who eats fingers & pencils.

FOOD & BEV: We'll have snacks, various non-alcoholic beverages (diet & sugared), and dinner. Also featuring Debbie's amazing baked goods. Donations encouraged; please consider $5 for all that. We 'broke even' the last two years straight, visitors have been great and donations covered the tab. Thanks much!

ALCOHOL: We will not be serving alcohol, not even beer, so BYO. The local convenience store DOES carry a variety of good local beers, including New Glarus and Point. Please don't distribute (legal issues), and don't give it to underagers.

TOBACCO USE will be confined to outdoors (back deck and front porch), and we'll air out the place before the party. ;>

DRUGS are strongly discouraged. Get real, and/or don't do them here.

COORDINATION (rides times etc): Unlike previous years, this time I must leave that to you. (My schedule got overloaded and I'm traveling for half of February!) So just come when you can, leave when you must, and try to give a friend a ride. But please DO post here with a name, how many, and roughly when, just for my last-minute panic stretch.

PARKING: On the lawns, like the first year. Please enter by the driveway and either turn right (front or side lawn) or keep going to the back (side yard & orchard area).

ATTACHMENT: Hey, I can attach a file! Please download this PDF for general guidelines, maps to guide your journey, and all other information you'll need. (Ignore the traps indicated, those were found by the last group, TPK, very sad.)

IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND, PLEASE POST HERE before March 1st.

Attached Files:

2. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

I will be attending with a 2nd person

I can provide a ride for 2 extra people. Post or send me a PM if you need a lift.

I plan on arriving ~3:15pm and leaving late after the gathering is over.

I will be heading to your place from the hotel ~2:3opm.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  3. darkangel866

darkangel866 Level 0 Character

Attending this year. Not having a rental car break down again, I promise.

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Frank I'm going to your party this year! There is no official pre-con party to get in the way, so as soon as set up is completed- count me in. I'll probably bring the Serb and 4 others. Thank you and Debbie for being so generous as to allow us to gather at your home.

5. JIm Kitchen

JIm Kitchen Level 0 Character

Frank,

I'll be attending with my friend for two total. Looking forward to it.

6. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Hi Frank, Thanks for the invite! I'm bringing my daughter this time and we challenge you to game of Boss Monster. I may be bringing 1d4 additional friends, but I will update here if I am.

7. Navar

Navar Level 0 Character

Hello Frank,

I'll be attending, getting there around 6:30-7:00.

Thanks,

Shiv

P.S. If anyone needs a ride from the hotel you can PM me; I have space in my car for two more people.

8. Thomas Tullis

Thomas Tullis Level 0 Character

I'll be there from 3-5 or so, and bringing three friends (Bart Miller, Jim Yancy, and Tom Place.)

9. Jamie Hale

Jamie Hale Level 0 Character

Thank you! I'm very much looking forward to it and will bring a second body too.

We'll be there dinner-ish time-ish. (I'll be driving in from Michigan so arrival will be weather/traffic/alignment of the stars-dependent.)

10. Glad27

Glad27 Level 0 Character

I'll be coming with two extra friends, as well, Frank...thanks again for having this!

11. athornton

athornton Footpad

Looks like between three and six of our party (most likely four) will be trying to make it. Probably like seven-to-nineish and then we have to pick up friends from the train station in Woodstock.

However....we're also traveling with a toddler so there is a decent chance we end up delayed to the point we can't make it.

12. Eusabyus

Eusabyus Level 0 Character

Myself, BJ and Andy will be coming to the party!

13. DMPrata

DMPrata Level 0 Character

Hiya Frank! My friend @Jarlaxle and I hope to attend if we arrive early enough. We're departing from New England Tuesday morning. Last time we hit Lake Geneva around 5:30 Wednesday, but I hope to better that time by an hour or two this year.

14. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Update

I'm talking to the local police about a special permit for on-street parking,
    strictly for the mobility-impaired: handicapped plates or not, anyone with mobility issues.

Any other suggestions are welcome. Pls put 'em here, tho, not on the Facebook GaryCon page.
    Stay on target, Porkins. ;>

15. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

Howdy Frank, I will be attending, although I'm not yet certain what time I will make it into town.

16. katsin

katsin Level 0 Character

Lee, Lita, and Traycie Puckett are happy to accept the invitation. I enjoyed following the posted signs to the house last year from the parking space. I estimate a 3 p.m. arrival.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  17. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Frank, I will be their with my wife, and Britainney, Gabby and Kayleigh. Really enjoyed last year. (Total of 5 people)

Hoping to get there around 7.

18. Eusabyus

Eusabyus Level 0 Character

Anyone know where the best place to park will be?

19. Ollie

Ollie Level 0 Character

Frank, I we get there early enough I plan to attend with my son Ted. Looking forward to FINALLY seeing your house.

20. ogrevampire

ogrevampire Level 0 Character

Frank, my son (Conor) and I will be happy to attend. Can't wait. Not sure if my wife will attend. Much thanks.