GM Roster and Player Schedule

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mwisconsin, Feb 24, 2016.

1. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Hmmm...I can replicate this issue. Seems to be a wide variety of causes on the web regarding this. I'll see what I can do to troubleshoot.

2. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

Thanks for this, @mwisconsin ! I don't suppose there's any way to get the Con/Forum handles for the folks in our games, in case we wanted to send PMs?

3. mwisconsin

Travis -- try it again. You may need to go into Settings / Privacy / Clear Cache to see the new link for android.

Traxion likes this.
  4. mwisconsin

I can look into it, Handy, but right now this is shared code with the roster code that's being used for the printers, so I'm trying to disturb that as little as possible.

Traxion likes this.
  5. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

That worked. Thanks

6. Ceronomus

Ceronomus Level 0 Character

Check for over-bookings. I have a six player game with seven players. I can handle it, but I'm glad I know.

7. nesbit37

nesbit37 Level 0 Character

I could see no tickets (if thats the case) being an issue. We'll see I guess. Just related to this, I am attending with most of family (8 people total, 3 of which are under 8 and didn't directly register for events) so some of us just got event slots for all of us in our group that were interested in the game rather than each of us trying to get a separate ticket on our own.

8. osarious

osarious Chevalier

My Registered Events schedule had a different attendees name on it....

9. mark

mark Spellbinder

I've got folks who have shown me their tickets that aren't on my roster.

10. mwisconsin

Bryon -- I logged into your account and checked out what you were seeing. I debugged that script 5 ways until Sunday and then I figured out that the name you were seeing was legitimately coming from your account. I've updated your account so that your name now appears. Don't know why that name was in your account.

11. mwisconsin

What tickets are they showing you? The games roster is what they'll be given on-site, and the GM's event roster is the authority.

stahlnee likes this.
  12. mark

mark Spellbinder

The player with the tickets is contacting you directly.

13. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Thank you for fixing that. The name was from my daughter's account (she registered under her own account). I was HER fiance's name on my listing. Go figure....

14. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Cool!

15. Michaelsandar

Michaelsandar Level 0 Character

The schedule looks great, thanks!

16. Ollie

Ollie Level 0 Character

I like the schedule, but on the Players side I like the schedule but I also don't see an entry for # of tickets. I think for one event I bought two tickets (One for me and one for my son whose badge is under my account). In the Recent Orders I only see that I bought something and the cost, but not the actual event number so I can't go back and look. (Is this due to the registration issues?)

So on the schedule I don't know which one (if any) I bought two tickets for.

So qty would be a nice fix for the players schedule (Or repeat them if easier)
    Also recent orders under VIEW should show the event you registered for

You guys are doing a great job. Just my suggestions. See you next week.

17. mwisconsin

That's a reasonable request. I can make some time for that, today. The only caveat I would have on that is that the player schedules that have already been stuck in convention envelopes at the printers won't contain this data, so you'll see a discrepancy from the website PDF.
    Yeah, I have/had that on my fix and feature list, but it dropped in priority after registration closed.

18. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

It looks like the GM Roster is pulling billing names instead of player names. My daughter is listed with her mother's name on my GM Roster for the one game of mine that she registered for, but her name is listed correctly on her own Game Schedule.

19. mwisconsin

For the GM Roster, I tried to use Billing names as much as possible, as it would be easier to identify a player appropriately rather than have an entry be listed as "Chainsaw" (etc).

Traxion likes this.
  20. Ollie

Ollie Level 0 Character

Thanks for the update