Shuttle service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michaelsandar, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Michaelsandar

Michaelsandar Level 0 Character

Will there be shuttle service between the new venue and the overflow hotels?

2. Kurt Raush

Kurt Raush Level 0 Character

I believe there is from my hotel, Comfort Suites. I have a rental I'll be using every morning. Contact me if I can help. We can compare schedules.

3. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Same here--I'm at the CS and will have my car. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Honestly...seems to me the more people willing to carpool, the better the parking situation at GGR will be.

4. I will using a rental and staying at the Comfort Suites. Let me know if you need a ride. My secret Id is Tim

5. Raic

Raic Level 0 Character

Shuttle Service Feedback. (helpful if Gary Con will be at the same venue next year)

Thursday night the shuttle service ended at 10 PM. There where many events that ran until 10 PM or later including mine. I lugged my GM material to the event parking lot. Fortunately I had a spot in the closest lot. Still, it would be nice if the shuttle service ran later. If I was parked in one of the far lots, it would have been a heck of an undertaking to walk to my car that late at night and dangerous. I am referring to the yellow buses. I am not certain if the Trolley ran later. If so, I missed it.

On the Thursday of the Con, I found the yellow buses would park in the event parking lot until attendees arrived. It happens that arrivals where sporadic that day of the Convention. So if you wanted a ride back to the event parking lot it was a long wait. I could see the buses in the lot, but the trips to the Grand Geneva were few and far between. It seems to me they should do a regular circuit to better serve the back and forth between the Grand Geneva and remote parking. I will say, once Friday and Saturday came the volume and availability of shuttles was more than sufficient for me. Thank you! Much Appreciated!

Lastly, I think smaller shuttle buses are in order. They are more nimble and it appeared they would be sufficient for the volume of riders.

Anyway, those were my experiences with the shuttle service.

6. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

The shuttle stopped running scheduled service at 10pm, however it was available on-demand from the front desk after hours. This is yet another instance of "should have been more useful information in the Event Guide" that we're already painfully aware of.

Some good feedback we'll pass on to the Grand.

LastFighter likes this.
  7. ScottEDouglas

ScottEDouglas Level 0 Character

Likely need more than one overflow hotel next year; competition may put a fire under the hotels' behinds.

8. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

I agree that there was a lot of wasted resources with the over large shuttles. Several times I was the only passenger in the full-size bus!