Game Registration Questions...a few months early

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackthicket, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Blackthicket

Blackthicket Level 0 Character

I bought my badge and my buddy's badge on my account at Tabletop. Each badge has a different number, and the account says a badge for him and a badge for me. Will we each be able to register for games when the time comes or will I have to register for all the games? Will the system know he has a badge when he logs in to sign up for games?

Thanks!

2. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

In order to purchase events tickets you have to be logged in under an account. The tickets are them tied to that account.

Not sure what would happen if two people are logged into the same account though.

This is based on my experience with NTRPG Con that is also using the same TableTop system.

3. Blackthicket

Thanks...I'll have to dig a bit deeper then.

4. Blackthicket

Looking for a little administrative love here....so, as long as we each have a TableTop account, it shouldn't matter that I bought both badges under my account?

Thanks!

5. Blackthicket

Many thanks to Caroline Teets and Dave Conant for taking care of my badge issue...much appreciated!

6. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

So, what was the answer?

7. Blackthicket

The answer was to message Caroline. She let Dave know about it, and he emailed me. In about 30 seconds, Dave had the badge transferred to the correct account. And everyone lived happily ever after...

dndgeek likes this.
  8. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

So one badge per account. Thanks! -JmC

9. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

I'm still unclear on this. I also bought a badge for a friend. What does he need to do in order to be able to register for events? How does one message Caroline or Dave? Is that really what's needed?

10. Blackthicket

@Handy Haversack

I bought my badge and my buddy's badge on my TableTop account. Later, I got to thinking about whether or not he would be able to register for games without a purchased badge in his TableTop account...so I emailed TableTop. Here's the email:

At this time we have no way to share registration of tickets to badges between accounts, so you'd need to register for him. Or refund the badge and have him buy it for himself. Alternatively, you could have your friend create an account on the site, and have the Gary Con staff transfer the badge from your user account to his user account.

How would you rate my reply?

Great Okay Not Good

--
    JT Smith
    [email protected]

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 7:22 PM CST, Blackthicket wrote:

I bought two badges for GaryCon under my Tabletop account - one for myself and one for my friend. When the time comes, will my friend be able to register for games under his own Tabletop account?

So, I messaged Caroline Teets on the GaryCon Facebook page, and she contacted Dave Conant. Here is that email exchange (edited as necessary):

Caroline forwarded your message to me. I’m guessing I was not able to find you because where I was looking in the system wasn’t searching the “TTE Account” information, only the badge name. I’ll work with our system IT guy to see if he can improve that. Either way though, have (my buddy), check now…I’ve assigned his badge to his TTE Account so he should be good to go.

Thanx,

Dave

On Dec 16, 2016, at 8:32 AM, wrote:

Hi Dave!

Thanks much for responding...though I am not sure how you learned of my dilemma!

My TableTop account:

(my info here)

My Friend's TableTop Account:

(his info here)

Again, thanks for your help! Let me know if you need anything else. Also, if you can let me know that the transfer was successful, it would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 14, 2016, at 11:28 PM, Dave Conant wrote:

Blackthicket,

I’d be happy to help you with the process of moving your friends badge from your account to his. Please have your friend create his own free account on the TableTop.Events (TTE) site and then provide me with the following information:

Your name and email that you used to create your TTE account with (and) please include receipt number if you have it),

The name on the badge for your friend in your account, and

Your friend’s name and email used to create his new account.

If I’m able to locate both accounts then I’ll move your friends badge from your account to his. He’ll have full access at that time to get his own events.

Thanx,

Dave

My friend now shows his badge in his account, and, according to Dave, should be good to go for registration. I hope that helps! Good luck! Feel free to message if you have further questions.

11. Handy Haversack

@Blackthicket, thanks so much for the detailed info! I have passed along to my friend and will set wheels in motion. Much obliged.

Blackthicket likes this.
  12. Handy Haversack

@Blackthicket
    Could you pass along Dave Conant's e-mail address so that I can get a friend's badge switched to his account? or @Skip, do you know how I can make that happen? Thanks!

13. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

PMing you.

14. Handy Haversack

15. Blackthicket

Sorry Handy Haversack...didn't see your post until now. Thanks to Skip for being on the ball!