Did the 1st registration on TTE run smoothly?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackthicket, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Blackthicket

Blackthicket Level 0 Character

I haven't seen anything posted on the forums, and I haven't checked Facebook lately. Can I assume things went well? Did any bugs get worked out? Granted it was only a few folks Saturday, but Wednesday will be a few more trying to register...

2. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Things went smoothly. A lot better than the past few years.

PBurke and Traxion like this.
  3. dbresson

dbresson Level 0 Character

Good to hear. Does anyone know if there's anyway to save events into our cart or some kind of temporary holding place so that when Reg hits we can just hit a button to try them all? (i.e. Gen Con, and also I want to say one of the old Gary con systems did this... but my memory is foggy).

Thanks!

4. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Read Skips postings under 'Event Registration 2017' to learn more about how the system works.

5. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Silly Q: For Gold tomorrow (1/18), is it noon Eastern or Central time?

6. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Noon Eastern Standard time, so 11am Central Standard Time, 10am Mountain Standard Time, or 9am Pacific Standard Time.

7. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Or 3AM Thursday in Guam

8. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

I was looking at the world time zone stuff and didn't want to figure out places like Australia or anything near the International Date Line. :)

Scott308 likes this.
  9. athornton

athornton Footpad

So, for Gold, this was like a billion times better than previous years. Giant kudos to the event staff.

It happened on time, although it got a little slow, it didn't crash, and checking out (with the load of must-haves) worked as expected.

Now I can go back and do my games-that-I-want-to-play-but-am-not-obsessing-over.

10. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Yup. Just finished my wife's Gold registration and apart from a few hiccups where I had to reload the page because it wasn't displaying an "Add to Cart" button (it indicated I did not, in fact, have a badge at all), I got my wife into all 9 of the events she wanted to get into.

I can also confirm that you CANNOT buy two tickets for an event on the same badge; it isn't an option. So, now I'll cross my fingers and hope some of the events we want to play in together are still available when Silver registration open on Saturday (as much as I GM, getting a Gold seems silly as I don't have time for that many featured events and we don't need double the goodies that come with a gold badge). I'll also try NOT to camp the system to see how many people have signed up for my events. That just feeds my vanity. :p

PBurke likes this.
  11. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

Worked really well. Nicely done, team.

12. PBurke

PBurke Level 0 Character

Best Garycon registration yet!

Poindexter and JediSoth like this.
  13. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

i encountered a few hiccups but nothing that deterred me from trying again. i was able to sign up for what i wanted so all was well in the end.

PBurke likes this.
  14. Blackthicket

Blackthicket Level 0 Character

I had no problems with registration today! Congrats to all that made it happen!

PBurke likes this.
  15. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

My personal experience with registration was a bit hiccupy.

Now, it did turn out fine for me in the end. For the extra $65 I shelled out, I did get into all the events I wanted, so I'm not displeased in any fashion (other than having registration during daytime work hours, but I've brought that up previously).

I did hit glitches, though.
    I jumped on right at 11am.
    I would click on the green bar to get an event and it would spin and spin and do nothing.
    Or I would go into an event and get no green bar - it told me I needed to have a badge before I could select events. So I went into my account to make sure the badge was still there, then went back to event searching and then the second time into the same event, it would give me a green bar. That happened 5+ times on different events.
    Also, once or twice, I clicked the green bar to get an event, it said it was successfully added to my cart, then when I went on to another event and event page, my cart would still show as empty. After 2 tries of that, I started going through the full checkout immediately, every single time I got an event into the cart.

About 5 min in, I had nothing and was watching tickets trickle away. However, after about 5-7 minutes, my navigation experience seemed to improve significantly.
    The only thing I changed was checking single items out (1 at a time). It seems unlikely to me that lots of people finished and left that quickly, so I don't think the improvement was due to traffic volume declining that quickly. Don't know what exactly to ascribe it to. Maybe I'm wrong and people did just jump on and get their 2 Featureds and leave.
    Once things improved, I was able to check out 10-12 items in about 10-12 minutes.

I did find that trying to buy overlaps (or duplicate) items was blocked with a clear message. And I returned 1 item for a different choice, which was also smooth.
    The personal schedule view is great.

I think the system is a clear, major improvement, but I'd caution people about anticipating flawlessness when maybe 600 hit the system at once Saturday (as compared to 75-100 people online at once today). Stay calm and perhaps some of the above narrative will help you.

PBurke and JediSoth like this.
  16. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

i will agree that i was worried about missing out on events that i wanted so i did only put one event in my cart at a time and did the full checkout before processing the second event. and yes, at the beginning (high noon) there was a lot of spinning and slow-to-refresh moments, but in the end it did complete everything. my very first time trying to add to the cart at high noon it threw a very large pop-up filled with backend computer (i.e. badly formatted html or some such) garbage. i was going to screen capture it but since i was worried about time i retried the event selection and the second time it loaded properly.

PBurke likes this.