Band in bar during Gary Con IX?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chainsaw, Jan 16, 2017.

1. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Will there be a band playing in the main bar any evening of the convention this year? If so, do we know what evening? I love live music (especially when drinking) as much as anyone, but last year it made the open gaming area immediately upstairs very loud and almost unusable. I want to avoid starting an evening pick-up game there if we'll all end yelling over the music an hour into the game. Also, if that's not opening gaming space this year and someone has a game scheduled there while the band is playing below, it will be a disaster. If this has been addressed elsewhere already, I apologize for dredging it back up.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    PBurke likes this.
  2. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

3. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Given that we have more of the place now (at least I think we do, I haven't looked at the room for this year compared to last year), is that upstairs area still the only open gaming area?

4. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I know a few of us were really entranced by the keytar player.

5. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

at a gaming convention, i'd rather play games than listen to music...just saying...

Ancalagon and Scott308 like this.
  6. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

Except Dan the Bard. I'd love him to have a couple sets in the bar. He isn't loud and obnoxious ... usually. :)

PBurke, Scott308 and dndgeek like this.
  7. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Last year the live music was Saturday night. It was groovy, I danced like one of the Peanuts.