Non-Catalog Non-Game Activities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mordrin, Jan 20, 2017.

1. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Giving people who may not have seen this a last chance to look it over and consider before booking their games (noon Eastern!).

http://garycon.com/gary-con-2017-major-events/

• The Annual Photo (now with extra Award Ceremony!) & Auction are popular events and earlier than past years
    • Note that a few things on that list are for special subgroups only, not General Public (like the TSR reunion, for example)

2. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Too bad I'll be running games most of those times. Ah well!

3. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Not sure if I can take a break away from a 2-6pm event on Saturday for the photo this year. Argh! It would be the first one I miss.

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

I hope folks make sure to visit the stone down by the fountain, the Horticultural Hall, and other places of note around town. It's nice that since moving here four years ago, I get to see many of these places seasonally and on a regular basis. As of last summer, I also run the game store in town, Lake Geneva Games. Although I will be at Gary Con, as usual, I hope folks stop in the store for a visit, see the expansion and renovations since last year, and get a short video of themselves emerging from the "secret door." :)

tellion, Poindexter and dndgeek like this.
  5. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Is the Horticultural Hall open to the public (other than the GC events) or are you just saying swing by it?

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

Well, they rent the Horticultural Hall out for events, so if anyone is there they are either someone who has rented the place and is holding a private event or it is someone who runs the place and who can show you around as a potential renter. However, it's a cool building just from the outside and having a picture of yourself in front of it might be a nice memento that can be had even if you cannot get inside.

http://www.horticulturalhall.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Poindexter and dndgeek like this.
  7. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

On Wednesday night at 8pm don your best velvet dinner jacket (or facsimile thereof) or fez, or tuxedo tee-shirt and join us in the hotel lounge for the 1st (or is it 3rd?) "DGS Classy Cocktail Hour"!

*Note: We supply the "class", you supply your drinks. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  8. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

You do the singing.

9. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

That's a great idea!
    The party definitely needs to begin, end, or both with Chad singing Murray's "Theme from Star Wars"

Scott308 likes this.
  10. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

It's better than "Tease the Keytarist".