Gary Con Open

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nesbit37, Feb 28, 2017.

1. nesbit37

nesbit37 Level 0 Character

Quick question on the open since its my first one, do we need to bring characters or do we use pregens? If we are bringing them what do we need?

2. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Characters are provided. All you need is dice, a writing implement, your spirit of adventure, and a bribe for your DM.

Poindexter and grodog like this.
  3. rickwins

rickwins Level 0 Character

I have never been bribed before

sir jon likes this.
  4. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

your wits are also a nice thing to have about you.

5. Scott M.

Scott M. Footpad

It might be possible to bribe me to not use the red d20 that players in my home game swear is lopsided and rolls 20's for the monsters 30% of the time....

sir jon likes this.
  6. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I'm hearing good things about the adventure...

rickwins likes this.
  7. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

a working knowledge of focus is also handy. it is a group. make sure you have someone mapping. make sure you have someone recording who is carry
    ing what. make sure you have someone who is not afraid to touch the known trap when you fail to disarm it.

Poindexter and sir jon like this.
  8. rickwins

It is a team adventure, it is timed, it is graded. You must complete the 1st half on time and well with party as healthy as possible for a chance to play in round two. Pick a leader, make quick decisions, keep moving. You should have everything you will need on the pregen. Make sure someone picks the Cleric. It is fun, the stories are great, you will make lasting friends if you do it right.

9. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Jeez. Don't HELP them.

10. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Na, you don't need a stinking Cleric. No at all!

Scott M. likes this.
  11. Scott M.

Scott M. Footpad

Decide everything by consensus, or just split the party when that fails. Take lots of prisoners and debate the ethics of their treatment based on your alignment. Really roleplay the little nuances of weapon sharpening and meal preparation.

12. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

All this.

13. rickwins

Oh I forgot, try to have sex with all of the NPCs as well, they really like that