FrankenParty 4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by extsr, Mar 7, 2017.

?

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner:

Poll closed Mar 22, 2017.
  1. I'll be there early but NOT for dinner (3-5 pm)

2.0%
  2. I'll be there FOR dinner (5-7 possibly more)

73.5%
  3. I'll be there later AFTER dinner (7p-mid)

12.2%
  4. I'm not going to the party, responding just 'cause Frank included this answer

12.2%
  1. extsr

extsr Chevalier

It's that time again. :)
    To get a ticket, you must do 2 things:
    1. Self-Identify as a Tabletop Hobby Gamer (or be a relative, offspring, or friend of one)
    2. Imagine a ticket for yourself

FrankenParty is an "Open House" held near Lake Geneva, WI in memory of my friend and mentor E. Gary Gygax, who repeatedly opened his own home to gamers of all sorts. A volunteer in town hasn't picked up the tradition, so I'm doing it 'way out here in Sharon WI, 20 miles from the convention site.

Some folks come for hours, others visit for minutes. Your party, your call. The music doesn't get too wild, nor do the people. We just hang out in a family-friendly atmosphere.

Several traditions have emerged over the last four years. Most folks just chat and look around, and don't play many games (maybe it's the game-intensive atmosphere to come). We have abundant food & beverages, but leave most of your vices in the car, pls. If you do BYO (wine or beer is oft available tho we don't offer any), be careful about sharing; there are minors on the premises.

FOOD highlights this year include a huge Virginia smoked ham that we got on a recent trip, heaps of our favorite "Ditka's" Chicago Italian Beef, and many sweets from Debbie's Bakery. (Dinner is from 5 to 7.) Volunteers are plentiful, handling refills and minor cleanup. The kitchen is a primary hangout, as it can fit 40 easily, but be sure to visit the loft (and remember the upstairs rest room, since downstairs is the overhead type c.1900, and slow). Visit my office and do a Fame Rub (and pic) of Gary Gygax's desk from the earliest TSR days.

There may be several "Celebrity Chef" appearances, including Jason Bulmahn (lead designer, Paizo). Meet and chat with other industry luminaries (Kask, Pokorny, and more; see "The Dwarvenaut" documentary film for a previous FrankenParty). But we're all just Hobby Gamers here. We are a family.

EVENT Highlights: I'm digging out some interesting art and collectibles for show 'n' tell, giving away free dice (as usual), and planning a Treasure Hunt with prizes. (Most of my used game stuff sold last year, so I don't expect to run a Flea Market this time.)

YOU WILL NEED the PDF attached. Important: See Parking Instructions!
    Best idea: Download and print before you head for GaryCon. Keep it on your traveling Flash drive.

PARKING MAY BE LIMITED. Please try to coordinate rides & riders (on this board or directly).

cya there. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Poindexter and mwisconsin like this.
  2. extsr

extsr Chevalier

I do hope we'll get a Gygax this year; they're so busy (the con and all) it's been impossible.
    Luke promises he'll try. tho. ;>

F

3. extsr

extsr Chevalier

ps
    A friend seeks a ride from Milwaukee (downtown) to get here noon-2 ish.
    Iif you're driving down that early in the day (or can make the drive so I don't hafta), pls ping me
    I'll make it worth your while... ::evilgrin::

4. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Suggested donation $5/person (I keep forgetting about that)

IF you'd like to PayPal a donation to optimize your trip cash
    (or for general convenience or record-keeping)
    PayPal us at ExxTSR at gMail dotcomrade
    (it's a donation not a sale, avoid fees, pls use Friends mode)

5. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

1. Self identifying.

2. All in my mind.

6. Uisge Heath

Uisge Heath Level 0 Character

Have a great night! :) Wish I could be there this time around.

7. mrmanowar

mrmanowar Level 0 Character

I MAY, be able to be there before 7pm, but can't conclusively say that. So hence my after 7pm arrival time. It will most likely be close to 7pm a little earlier, little later. Also my brother will be attending with me. Thanks Frank!

8. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I'd like to say I'll be there but can't conclusively do so.

9. Jason dandy

Jason dandy Level 0 Character

I'm in for sure for dinner. will try to arrive earlier to help. donations will be in hand. invitations will be in imagination, firmly affixed.

i will be there with two additional guests, likewise bearing donations and well-imagined invitations.

10. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

I don't know about dinner, but I'll be there for bread and anything else your kitchen goddess brings forth from the oven.

11. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

i plan on being there in time for dinner. i will have two additional guests with me.

12. Kiff47

Kiff47 Level 0 Character

Steve and I will be there.

13. Zog

Zog Level 0 Character

Frank, it only lets me vote once but Kristen is coming with me again this year :)

14. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

Thank you for doing this again, Frank. Looking forward to seeing you and Debbie again and the rest of our tribe!

15. tenkar

tenkar Level 0 Character

I'll be there. Just look for Zach ;)

16. David Hudak

David Hudak Level 0 Character

Even though I voted for after dinner, I might make it before that. I will have donation in hand.

17. Navar

Navar Level 0 Character

Thank, Frank, for hosting this. I'll be there for dinner.

18. Downward_Spiral

Downward_Spiral Level 0 Character

I will be there for dinner with +2. Thank you so much to you and Debbie for hosting!

19. Kurt Raush

Kurt Raush Level 0 Character

I, Kurt Raush, and my long time friend, Amy (and first time GaryCon attendee) are planning to attend. We will arrive in Milwaukee at 1:35, so I hope we are ready to go from the hotel by 3-4ish. Is there anybody with whom we could catch a ride to and from Frank's party? $$ compensation, of course.

20. mrmanowar

mrmanowar Level 0 Character

We could possibly take you and Amy Kurt, I gamed with you in Stefan's game a few years ago, (the one on Dwarvenaut). We will arrive at the hotel around 5-6pm and from there head to Frank's. If you don't already have a ride, plenty of room here if you are willing to wait that long.