12 Tickets for Sold Out Gygax House Events!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paul j. stormberg, Mar 16, 2017.

1. paul j. stormberg

paul j. stormberg Chevalier

Howdy All,

Legends of Wargaming would like to announce that we have opened up 12 new slots for our sold out 50th Anniversary of GenCon 0 events at 330 Center Street on Friday afternoon and evening!

Email us at [email protected] to reserve your ticket now!

You could join 12 lucky people at these events just like the original 12 people who attended the very first GenCon at Gary Gygax's house in 1967!

This year, 2017 marks the 50th Anniversary of the small gathering of gamers held at Gary Gygax's house at 330 Center St., Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. This little event of a dozen players would lead to the the largest tabletop game convention in North America, breaking 60,000 attendees in 2015.

In acknowledgement of this special anniversary, Legends of Wargaming is inviting 12 players the once in a lifetime chance to play Dungeons & Dragons at Gary Gygax’s former home in Lake Geneva! The house where both GenCon and Dungeons & Dragons were born!

While 12 spots at these GaryCon events immediately sold out, 12 additional tickets are being made available for a special charity fund raising effort. These ticket holders, and only these ticket holders will be granted access to the original Gygax house, home of the original TSR Hobbies!

These tickets are available for 2 three-hour sessions. The sessions will use the original 1974 Dungeons & Dragons rules and the adventures will be special indeed:

Session I: March 24th 2017, 2:00-5:00 PM CST
    1974 GenCon VII D&D Demo Game: Greyhawk Castle!

Attendees of the first session will be playing in the first ever Dungeons & Dragons adventure run at GenCon! This dungeon adventure was originally created by Rob Kuntz for Greyhawk Castle but was later used by him to run demo games of Dungeons & Dragons at GenCon VII in 1974!

Session II: March 24th 2017, 5:00-8:00 PM CST
    1975 GenCon VIII D&D Tournament: Sunken City!

Attendees of the second session will be playing in the first ever Dungeons & Dragons tournament run at GenCon! This adventure was originally created by Rob Kuntz for his World of Kalibruhn campaign but was later used by him to run the first ever Dungeons & Dragons tournament at GenCon VIII in 1975!​

Each ticket costs $250 and may be purchased by simply emailing Paul Stormberg at [email protected] with Session I or Session II in the subject or body of your email to reserve your ticket. First come first serve. There are 6 tickets available for each session. Each ticket purchased gives access to the game session and comes with the following souvenir's donated by legendary game author Rob Kuntz:

1) GenCon 5oth Anniversary Ticket to prove, "I was there!"
    2) Collector's Edition of one of the adventures being run
    3) Certificate of Authenticity for said Collector's Edition adventure, personally signed by Rob Kuntz
    4) Copy of El Raja Key Archive: Basic Edition (a DVD containing full-color digital maps for adventures)​

That's a $65 dollar value for the module and El Raja Key Archive alone!

All proceeds from ticket sales will go to help support three charities: beloved game designer Jim Ward (https://www.gofundme.com/vqbnpbbt) who's medical condition had a recent downturn and needs renewed support, a fund for a gamer-friendly family in Chicago who have recently taken in four very young children suddenly, and perhaps permanently, bereft of their mother and father, and the medical and financial aid fund of Doug Rhea (https://www.gofundme.com/dougs-chemo-relief-sota-cta), founder of the North Texas RPG Convention (http://ntrpgcon.com/). While these are not large, giving organizations these two gamer-community members in need have been selected by Legends of Wargaming for help with our Gaming Community Outreach Charity: GO GAMING! (Gamer Outreach: Giving Aid Money for In Need Gamers).

Each ticket is good to admit one person to the event only and does not include admittance to other convention events or venues, transportation to the event site, lodging, food, or any other amenities that are the sole responsibility of the ticket purchaser.

Futures Bright,

Paul J. Stormberg
    The Legends of Wargaming

Poindexter and PBurke like this.
  2. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

You do good things, Paul.

3. paul j. stormberg

Howdy Jon,

Thanks for your kind words. It was hard to decide who to help so I decided *everyone!* Please help spread the word even if you are not attending the events at the Gygax house.

Futures Bright,

Paul

4. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Sounds like a great set of causes, Paul! :D

What more can you tell us about the Castle Greyhawk event? Is it one of the levels from the Archive?

Allan.

PBurke likes this.
  5. Thomas Tullis

Thomas Tullis Level 0 Character

Paul, I signed up for your 5pm D&D game at Horticultural Hall through Tabletop Events during event registration. Is this still at Horticultural Hall, or has it been moved to 330 Center Street? Thanks. :)

6. paul j. stormberg

Howdy Allan,

Yes it is! They are certainly a deserving group of candidates for GO GAMING!

Yes is is from the El Raja Key Archive but I will leave it for the players to experience the dawning dread of where they are in the Castle!

BTW I need to call you to touch base in the next couple of days!

Futures Bright,

Paul

7. paul j. stormberg

Howdy Tom,

Yes it has. You are one of the lucky few to have gotten the GaryCon tickets offered as a featured event during registration! Those tickets quickly sold out but there was clearly several candidates for our new GO GAMING! charity - an outreach program by Legends of Wargaming to raise money for in-need gamers and their families.

Originally I wanted it to be a part of the planned Horticultural Hall event that Legends of Wargaming is helping to put on with Peter Adkinson and Jon Peterson but the space was too limited. It dawned on me that it was the 50th Anniversary of Gary inviting 12 people over to his house in 1967! What a perfect way to celebrate by inviting 12 people to come play at Gary's house - where GenCon was born!

There are only 8 tickets left!

Futures Bright,

Paul

Poindexter likes this.
  8. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Makes sense :D

Anytime over the weekend is probably good, Paul. I'm also available tonight after 10:45pm CDT.

Allan.

9. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Cool event Paul!

I have fond memories of playing in your game there in 2014 .

If you have an opening in your schedule and the coin to spare, this one event that you don't want to miss!

10. paul j. stormberg

Howdy Ed,

Thanks Ed! Looking forward to seeing you again this year!

This will be the first GO GAMING! event put on by Legends of Wargaming and so far the support had been tremendous.

There are still 4 tickets left so lets spread the word and sell-out these events to help Jim Ward, Doug Rhea, and the gamer-family in need!

Futures Bright,

Paul

PBurke likes this.
  11. Kurt Raush

Kurt Raush Level 0 Character

I'm super excited to attend and glad to help. Thanks Paul!

12. paul j. stormberg

Howdy Kurt,

Glad to have you on board. The gaming community really came through on this one and will really help the three causes selected by GO GAMING!

See you in a couple of days!

Futures bright,

Paul

13. paul j. stormberg

Only 1 ticket left for Session II at 5 pm on Friday! Almost sold out lets finish this thing and get one more player!

14. William Walters

William Walters Level 0 Character

I will take the ticket if it is still available. I sent an email yesterday and today.

15. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Thanks for providing this opportunity, Paul, and for running a great game. I had a blast!

PBurke likes this.
  16. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

thanks Paul for putting this together. it was most certainly my highlight and will be nearly impossible to beat!

PBurke likes this.
  17. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

18. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

thanks for sharing these videos!

19. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

You got it! I planned to do more this year, but ran out of time and money, so I just used my daughter's camera. I'm thinking 360 cam next year.

20. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

360 cam would be very cool.

dndgeek likes this.