Lake Geneva bars and such

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Echo2112, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Echo2112

Echo2112 Level 0 Character

My group is making it's first trip to GaryCon next year and I'm trying to get the lay of the land for food and nightlife type things. We are used to GenCon and the abundance of bars/pubs/breweries there, so I'm looking to solicit tips or recommendations from those that have been going for a bit.

Cheers!

2. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

The only venues within walking distance are in the Grand Geneva itself. There are two bars and a three restaurants, plus table side service. You'll have to leave the convention and drive into the town proper to find anything else. The Next Door Pub seems to be well-regarded by the locals.

3. SoulCatcher78

SoulCatcher78 Level 0 Character

If we bring our own (discreet) containers is that something that is allowed at the Grand Geneva? For instance, my last work trip the hotel bar workers freaked out when I walked in carrying a cup (of cranberry juice, it was a work trip) and I would prefer to avoid that issue on a vacation.

4. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

I never took anything into one of the actual restaurants/bars, but I never heard anything from the table-side servers. They have refrigerators available for rooms, and the adjacent sister-resort has full kitchens available, so it would very much surprise me if you had problems.

And if you put it in a con cup, they'll never know anyway! ;)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Poindexter and Jarlaxle like this.
  5. Steven Kreft

Steven Kreft Level 0 Character

6. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Poindexter and Echo2112 like this.
  7. Echo2112

Echo2112 Level 0 Character

Thanks!

8. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

You can't go wrong with the Sugar Shack.

9. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

10. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

I think we were asked to not bring our own beer into the bar once. But other times we did so and it was fine. Otherwise, you can carry your own beverages around as much as you want.