Frankenparty #5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by extsr, Feb 20, 2018.

?

Are you attending?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    90.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Frankenparty Five

Pre-Con Party with a little Gaming and lots of DebbieFood*

Date: Wednesday 07 March 2018, Afternoon/Evening
    When: 3 pm until after midnight
    At: The Mentzer house
    Where: 24 miles away... 133 Martin Street Sharon WI 53585
    Dinner 5-8 ish, double layout: taco bar / ham sandwiches, each with all trimmings
    (Smoked ham made in Clinton, near Gary's former home.)

MAP: Attached PDF

* DebbieFood: Everything all-natural hand-made, with a banquet of rich cookies brownies bars and other baked goods

Back during the Troll Lord days of the '00s (Lake Geneva Game Conventions), Gary & Gail hosted a wonderful open house in Lake Geneva. This is an attempt to continue that tradition, still in Walworth County but a little further out. (Pretty close, in a county of 575 square miles. We found this Victorian castaway out here, and just had to save her.)

As always, we'll be socializing and playing occasional games. Feel free to bring favorite games. Expect to be occasionally photographed.

Families & kids welcome. We have two small, friendly dogs (lovers not fighters) and a caged parrot who eats fingers & pencils. The big change from last year: Razz graduated last fall, so dog #2 is a 3-month old puppy with a high Cute score. (Tullamore is a good uncle.)

FOOD & BEV: We'll have snacks, various non-alcoholic beverages (diet & sugared), and dinner. Also featuring Debbie's amazing baked goods. Donations encouraged; please consider $5 for all that. We 'break even' every year, visitors have been great and donations covered the tab. Thanks much!

ALCOHOL: We will not be serving alcohol, not even beer, so BYO. The local convenience store DOES carry a variety of good local beers, including New Glarus and Point. Please don't distribute (legal issues), and don't give it to underagers.

TOBACCO USE will be confined to outdoors (back deck and front porch), and we'll air out the place before the party. ;>

DRUGS are strongly discouraged. Get real, and/or don't do them here.

COORDINATION (rides times etc): We leave that to you. Just come when you can, leave when you must, and try to give a friend a ride. But please DO post here with a name, how many, and roughly when, just for my last-minute panic stretch.

PARKING: On the lawns, with signage Please enter by the driveway and either turn right (front or side lawn) or keep going to the back (side yard & orchard area).

ATTACHMENT: Please download this PDF for general guidelines, maps to guide your journey, and all other information you'll need. (Ignore the traps indicated, those were found by the last group, TPK, very sad.)

Attached Files:

Poindexter likes this.
  2. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Awesome, glad to see this news! I've been to 3 GC's and never managed to make it your party. Gonna do it this year! Thank you and your wife for this - it's a great thing you do.

3. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Woot! Me plus three (wife and two kids). Thanks, Frank!

4. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Best part of GaryCon.

Me and a few others (3 or 4) around 3:45pm until 8pm or so.

5. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

Me and 2 or three, depending on how many I pickup at the Hotel

6. katsin

katsin Level 0 Character

Litta and Tracey (a.k.a Katsin and Glyston) plan on being there about 4pm. Sadly, Traycie (the younger one) can't make it this year due to Army detail so Deb will have one less soldier in the kitchen. Love and thanks!

7. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

my brother and i will attend. we are looking forward to it.

8. Bruce_C

Bruce_C Level 0 Character

My friend and I will be there. Thank you both for the invite.

Bruce

9. Glorft

Glorft Level 0 Character

Thank you so much for the kind invite - myself and two other noobs will be there!

10. Vicdakota

Vicdakota Level 0 Character

Just the chief dice procurer and myself will be coming around 6ish.

11. Wooly

Wooly Level 0 Character

2 from the distant Southron land of Kentucky will make the holy pilgrimage.

12. jgvaughan

jgvaughan Level 0 Character

I should get in around mid-day on Wednesday so I plan to be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

13. Greyhawk4x4

Greyhawk4x4 Level 0 Character

Me plus 2 old Gamers

14. Steve Fridsma

Steve Fridsma Level 0 Character

My wife and I will be honored, 5 ish

15. Tim Neppel

Tim Neppel Level 0 Character

My buddy Doug and I are planning on coming up by Wednesday. We would love to make an appearance at the fabled Frankenparty. We may not arrive until a little later, coming from Kansas City, but count us both in for the festivities. Thanks for continuing this wonderful tradition!

16. Shady Lady

Shady Lady Level 0 Character

RSVPing "yes" for 2 people.

First time at GaryCon and this sounds like a great way to start the adventure! Flying in on Wednesday afternoon; should make it to your place around 6pm. Thank you so much for hosting this event!

Tim Neppel likes this.
  17. ljsefton

ljsefton Level 0 Character

Myself, Tom Fortunato, and Roman Szykulski hoping to be there by 4ish.

18. scot bailey

scot bailey Level 0 Character

This sounds amazing--I didn't know about this previous years. I will be there with 3 of the guys I am traveling with (they don't have access on the forum)

19. Dungeon Mizer

Dungeon Mizer Level 0 Character

RSVP for 2. Went last year and had a great time!

20. WendyKris

WendyKris Level 0 Character

I am RSVPing for myself. I am trying to talk Harold Johnson into going. I will say I am RSVPing for him, too. However, he is just a maybe, as he has to go to work in the middle of the night, and might decide sleep is more important. ;)