Sign-Up Sheet for Open Gaming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DTaylor, Mar 5, 2018.

1. DTaylor

DTaylor Level 0 Character

I'm wondering if it would be cool if I make up a sort of sign-up sheet for folks to sign up for a game I'd like to run on Saturday night.

If so, is there an appropriate place to put it? I could move it around between games on the first three days of the Con, so that multiple people would get the chance to see it.

Last year Bill Willingham did something similar, and it seems a good way to gauge interest and let people know of a possible game. I was a bit too late to get a game put into the official record this year, but I've still been prepping for it as if it was 'official'.

PBurke likes this.
  2. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

I thought I recall a signup board a few years ago...but not sure.

3. Ray Otus

Ray Otus Level 0 Character

I made a few "posters" (8.5x11" flyers) and was going to put them up this year to advertise for open games, but it just felt weird so I didn't. Also, I wanted to be respectful of the hotel staff who kept everything so neat and clean. It would be cool if there was a cork board or something for advertising open play on site.

4. Navar

Navar Level 0 Character

There was a white board in the registration/HQ area with Open Gaming announcements on it. I used it successfully.

5. Ray Otus

Ray Otus Level 0 Character

Good to know! Probably if I would have read all the messages I would have known about that board!

6. DTaylor

DTaylor Level 0 Character

I used my sign-up sheet (which filled up quickly), and then I filled out the info on where we would be on the white board as well. One couple kept in contact with me via text (I'd listed my # on the sign-up sheet), but one of them got sick the last day and they had to drop. The others never showed at all.

It's another area that could really use improvement.