Adventurers' League for GC XI & Age (18+)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bighara, Dec 13, 2018.

1. bighara

bighara Chevalier

My daughter (15) plays in a regular 5e game and is interested in coming to GC XI. I initially recommended checking out the AL games, since she is most comfortable with that system, but the events I saw at TT were listed 18+. Is there "mature" content, or is that more for keeping younger kids out? Or was it just some default that got set in the events list?

2. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

There's no strict age restriction on the AL events. Granted, I haven't posted the vast majority of those events, yet. The AL events that you see posted, so far, are "author only" special events.

The TTE system conflates age and experience, which is somewhat confusing. Tier 2+ games (level 5 and greater) are marked as some experience necessary as a means of enforcing the communication that you need to have a level-appropriate character to join that game. Otherwise, if she's got experience playing the game, she's good.

bighara likes this.
  3. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Thanks!

4. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

TTE does differentiate between age and experience. There are fields for Player Experience as well as Age Range.

For GaryCon they are:

Player Experience choices:
    • Exp 1: No experience needed
    • Exp 2: Experience in the type of game
    • Exp 3: Some experience in specific rules
    • Exp 4: Experience in specific rules

Age Ranges:
    • All Ages
    • Kids only (12 and under)
    • Preteen (8+)
    • Teen (13+)
    • Adult (18+)
    • Legal Drinking Age (21+)

5. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Yes, thank you Gizmo. I guess I should clarify: When categorizing games for bulk import, that's the way they're conflated in my import CSVs. So, when they get imported, they'll tend to come through with age ranges scaled to match the experience input.