What games are you running for Gary Con XI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoulCatcher78, Aug 6, 2018.

1. SoulCatcher78

SoulCatcher78 Level 0 Character

Last year I got drowned in trying to prep 3 separate games to run. This year I've decided to take a different approach and prep enough material to run 3 sessions of a hex crawl in the Sword Fish Islands setting using DCC (Lankhmar style - no clerics, no demi humans).

Now all I have to do is narrow down which of the amazing opportunities for adventure I want to run from the book and kick off playtests.

Handy Haversack and Ray Otus like this.
  2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

It's easy to do. Hopefully I haven't done it again...
    Bringing back my Little War of the Worlds, Planet of the Apes and Aliens mini games, with new terrain for Aliens. Also developing a Castle Falkenstein game, an Alien board game and an introductory Dungeons Deep adventure.

Update: I had to shelve the Alien and Castle Falkenstein games due to lack of time, but will hopefully get them developed for GC12.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  3. bighara

bighara Chevalier

I hope to run a silly little BX adventure or two. It's been too long since I ran anything at the con.

4. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

I've submitted all my events:

* 3 qualifiers for the Circus Maximus Finals
    * Circus Maximus Finals
    * Wreckus Maximus
    * Moebius Maximus

I'm contemplating running a short 2 hour thing of Gaslands, but I already have 22 hours of stuff to run.

5. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Edit: updated to reflect my cancellation due to family medical issues.

Thursday
    8AM - 10AM Paranoia: Soylent People are Green
    Noon - 4PM Cyborg Commando Tournament, Round 1
    6PM - 10PM Star Wars (d6): Ohnaka's Treasure

Saturday
    6PM - 10PM D&D (5E):Fairy, Faerie, Quite Contrary

Sunday
    10AM - Noon Paranoia: Soylent People are Green
    1PM - 3PM Paranoia: Clones in SPAAAAACE

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    SoulCatcher78 likes this.
  6. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Cyberpunk 2020. Every. Single. Day. (Except Sunday - that's for me).

7. Ray Otus

Ray Otus Level 0 Character

8. Ray Otus

YASS!

9. Ray Otus

@gizmomathboy - Circus Maximus used to be my first game every Gen Con! I love that system. I also like Circus Imperium, for a slightly more zany approach.

10. jonsnod

jonsnod Level 0 Character

I've submitted 5 events this year:

Thurs, 10-2: DCC Star Crawl- The Promethean Adventure "The Promethean was once a grand and luxurious space liner and its final voyage promises to be a grand event: unfortunately, it won't be the sort the passengers hoped for!
    This will be a 0-level DCC funnel in space, using Star Crawl rules."

Thurs, 2-6: Marvel Super Heroes: Savage Land Under Seige "Ka-Zar and Zabu have always managed to protect the many tribes of the Savage land, but when a new threat approaches, they'll need a little help from their friends!"

Fri, 10-2: Marvel Super Heroes: The Champions vs The World Crime League "The Champions have built a reputation fighting for justice and freedom across the world. But a secret global crime organization has decided these heroes need to be stopped! Are Kamala, Amadeus, and their teammates up to the challenge?"

Fri, 2-6: DCC XCrawl: Gladiator Moon "The Gladiator Moons of Chardon proudly present X-Crawl! This premier event will pit gladiators against challenges pulled from across the cosmos! Can our challengers survive the deadliest game in the universe?
    This no-holds-barred event will use DCC XCrawl rules in the Star Crawl setting. Characters will be provided and rules will be taught."

Sat, 2-6: DCC Star Crawl- Threen Station Zero "The Threen were wiped out centuries ago, but your crew has a lead on an intact Threen space station. It's surely loaded with valuable relics: but you'll have to beat the Serpine pirates to the prize!
    This will be a 2nd-level DCC adventure in space, using Star Crawl rules"

Poindexter, dndgeek and SoulCatcher78 like this.
  11. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

Running a few games as usual, getting excited because I did not think I would go until GC12

Toon - Foo-Fuu Toon... Catch that Bird Thursday 10:00 AM (2 Hours)
    Dangerous Journeys - The Hour of the Wolf Thursday 6:00 PM (4 Hours)
    TOON - PizzaToon / A Toon Love Story Friday 9:00 AM (4 Hours)

The Greg Barry Invitational Drunken Dungeon Master Challenge Friday 6:00 PM (4 Hours)
    Pirates of Dark Water, The Lost Episode (Dragonscales RPG) (4 Hours)
    Sparkle Kitty Nights (Card Game, 2 Hours)

AD&D - AAAAHHHH Sunday 10:00 AM (4 Hours)
    Monty Python Fluxx Tournament (2 Hours)

http://gmbgaming.blogspot.com/2018/08/garycon-2019-yes-going-on-odd-year.html

12. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

Here's what I've got so far:

Thursday 8 am to Noon Buttons Bay
    Heart of the Forest Savage

Friday 8 am to 2 pm Loramoor A 004
    Storms Over Highmeadow: An Interlude in Eeltown

Friday 3 pm to 7 pm Loramoor A 004
    Heart of the Forest Savage

Friday 8 pm to 10 pm Grand Suite
    What’s a DM to Do?

Saturday 8 am to Noon Legends of Wargaming
    Brisfits over Flanders

D&D and Community: Serving Each Other for Decades (Panelist)
    Saturday Noon-2 pm Swinghurst

Sunday 10 am to 4 pm Linwood 101
    Storms Over Highmeadow: An Interlude in Eeltown

13. fmillard

fmillard Level 0 Character

GaryCon XI ... This year, I'll be running The Arachnid and The Boomerang, a Savage Worlds/Delta Green mash-up on Thursday morning and then on Friday afternoon. Then I'll be running The Void: Last Night at St Mary's, a Savage Worlds/Call of Cthulhu mash-up on Thursday afternoon and Saturday morning. And finally, for me anyhow, I'll be running a straight Savage Worlds game, Crisis at Castaway Cay, in which a Disney Cruise doesn't go quite the way it was planned. Hope everyone signed up! Have a great Con! Frank

dndgeek and SoulCatcher78 like this.
  14. EOTB

EOTB Level 0 Character

1st Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.

1st Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons as presented by Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperboria.

15. Cloak n' Dagger

Cloak n' Dagger Level 0 Character

Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Solomon Kane (SK1)

Thursday 7pm - 11pm
    Friday 1pm - 5pm
    Tentative: Saturday 7pm-11pm
    Sunday 11am - 3pm

In the winter of 1609, the settlers of Jamestown Fort struggle to survive harsh, unforgiving elements, shortages of food, disease, and unrest among the native people. Spurred by an urgent plea from Sir Walter Raleigh, Solomon Kane and his companions must sail to the New World and face an ancient enemy that poses an even greater threat to the survival of the new settlement and the very souls of those within.

As Kane watches their approach from the deck of the ship, his hand slips down into his coat, pulling out a folded, yellowing piece of paper. Reading the letter once again, his eyes linger on the last few lines:

“I beg of you, set sail immediately; I can arrange for quick passage. You and your companions are the only ones I can trust in this, the King and court would think me mad should I bring this matter before them. May God have mercy and I pray that I am wrong, but I believe a great evil is about to befall the colony of Jamestown. It is but for a single word that I say this, one that Captain White first discovered etched in a fence post during his search for those belonging to the lost colony some eighteen years ago. It’s the same word that John Smith screamed, over and over, only two nights ago during a frenzied, maddened sleep as I stood by his bedside, frozen in stark terror.

The word, Solomon, was ‘CROATOAN’.”

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  16. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

This sounds excellent! I've put it on my short list.

17. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

Thurs 8-12/12-4/4-8 AS&SH: Descent into Krimmea:
    The lost underground Kimmerian city sealed itself from the outside world a thousand years ago when the Green Death ravaged the lands. Recently, Krimmeans have emerged, bringing rare metals, fungi and other goods prized in the markets of Khromarium, and your party has been commissioned to explore Krimmea.
    Each session will start at different levels. Characters levels 1-5, provided.

Friday 2-6pm AD&D Escape from New Orc:
    New Orc: a chaotic, disgusting, violent place. Home to the lawless, unwanted, or evil. The Duke of New Orc has taken the high priest as his prisoner by some eldritch means, and intends to use him as the sacrifice in a heinous ritual, designed to unleash an ancient, devouring evil.
    You must rescue the priest, stopping the ritual. The fate of all life depends on it, and time is running out..

Saturday 10am - 2pm AS&SH The Black Tower of Mylakhrion :
    Caught in a terrible storm of unimaginable violence, your ship barely survived. The following days were a silent darkness that pushed everyone to the edges of their sanity. The Phobos moon illuminates an alien looking tower that rises from the ocean depths, and your heavily damaged ship cannot seem to avoid it.
    Does this tower offer safety, or death? You'll find out. Levels 1-3, pregens provided.

Sunday 8-10am/10am-12pm Squad Leader: Stalingrad!
    Stalingrad, known as the War of the Rats, easily the most violent and horrific battle in modern times. Fight a portion of it via the Avalon Hill classic game Squad Leader.
    Multiple games will be run at once, attempting to match up players with similar experience levels.
    All levels of experience welcome. A short tutorial and walk through will start the session to help those new and experienced.

18. DTaylor

DTaylor Level 0 Character

An old school Villains & Vigilantes adventure, "Crisis at Crusader Citadel", using the 3.0/Mighty Protectors rules.

With the Crusaders nowhere to be found, a Crushers’ crimewave sweeps the city -- Mocker, Marionette, Bull, Hornet, Stormlord, the Mace, Vulture, the Shrew, Temper, Shocker, the Mercury Mercenary, and F.I.S.T.!! Only you can stop them and unravel their insidious plot.

19. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Thursday at 2:00 PM -- DGS PRESENTS: Overclocked Angels—Cyberpunk 1st Edition (Co-running this with Jon Johnson, hope you can handle zero-g.)
    Hey chummers, Jon Johnson and Chad Parish have a job for you. The word on the street is that the the secretive SOMA Corporation has lost contact with one of their research facilities. Now the suits need a team to go in and bring the facility back online. It's good pay, but there's probably a catch. There's always a catch!

Friday at 11:00 AM -- DGS Presents: Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG, 2nd Ed. Battletech (Co-running this with Stephen Polasky using Citytech rules.)
    Katrina Steiner has ordered the 4th Skye Rangers to make planetfall on Marfik and capture Tai-sa Theodore Kurita, Heir-designate of the Draconis Combine. Davion AFFS officers, brought in to "advise", claim the Coordinator’s son is holed up in a small garrison city defended by the 11th Legion of Vega. One problem, the 11th isn't surrendering the heir without a fight!

Friday at 6:00 PM -- DGS PRESENTS: The Lost Colony - Call of Cthulhu 6th ed. (Find out what really happened to the lost Roanoke colony!)
    In the year 1587, English settlers arrived on Roanoke Island in the Americas and established the first permanent British settlement, bringing with them their civilization and their fear of God. Three years later they all vanished leaving only a single word carved into a wooden post...“Croatoan”. Now, in the year of our lord 1600, you have been sent to pierce the mystery of the lost colony.

Saturday at 10:00 AM -- TOP SECRET: NEW WORLD ORDER, The White Queen
    When a key scientist is abducted from a London safehouse by a shadowy figure known only as, the White Queen, the world looks to the International Covert Operations Network to get him back. As agents of ICON, your team has been activated to make it happen. Exotic locales, shady assets and dangerous factions; it’s all just another day in the life for an agent of ICON. Let the game begin.

Saturday at 3:00 PM -- DGS PRESENTS: Fortunes of War III—Battletech 2nd Edition (Co-running this with Stephen Polasky. Prizes to be provided by Iron Wind Metals)
    The Federated Suns face off against the Capellan Confederation to capture Stein's Folly! Advance your mech as part of House Liao's elite 1st St. Ives Lancers or stand with House Davion's 17th Avalon Hussars as they make a heroic last stand to defend the system. Either way you'll be reaping the Fortunes of War!
    Big thanks to Iron Wind Metals for providing our awesome prizes!!!

Also excited to see all the other events ran under the DGS banner this March!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  20. The Blue Max

The Blue Max Level 0 Character

Besides running Dawn Patrol/Fight in the Skies all weekend, I will be running Escape from Colditz at 8am on Thursday