Frankenparty #5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by extsr, Feb 20, 2018.

?

Are you attending?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    90.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

The party may still be on. Frank was still listed as hosting 3 of his 4 events at noon. He was replaced by a VIP for his Back to 1974 game, but not on his others.

2. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Seems I may have spoken too soon. Frank is still listed as GMing his 3 remaining events, but the system won't let you sign up for those events anymore.

3. Aaron Wilbers

Aaron Wilbers Level 0 Character

The email I got from GC made it out like he is banned, from what I'm reading for behavior that has nothing to do with the con.

4. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

The announcement on Facebook made it sound like he was no longer an Honored Guest. I figured it was like the situation with the guy from Frog God Games and Frank could still attend as a regular attendee.

5. Aaron Wilbers

I don't think so. I wonder who among the old guard will be next? I've read on social justice focused gaming sites that Tim Kask is very "problematic".

6. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

The only complaint I've ever heard about Tim Kask is that he ran a D&D event for women-only players. That somehow offended someone. Maybe there's more to the story than that, but I've never heard about it. Tim has always been a pleasant person whenever I've encountered him.

There are people in the gaming industry who have done bad things that shouldn't be condoned or ignored, but it also seems like there are people out there who work very hard to find reasons to be offended. All of this just makes me incredibly sad.

JasonM, Poindexter, gmbarry and 2 others like this.
  7. Aaron Wilbers

And according to Luke Gygax he wasn't banned, he was told that he was being removed as a GoH and Frank declined to attend. Unfortunate. I was hoping to meet some cool people at his party since I'm going solo to this, not to mention throw some dice with him.

8. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

There are always a lot of cool people at the hotel bar on Wednesday night in the event the Frankenparty is canceled.

Poindexter likes this.
  9. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

my brother and i always look forward to the Frankenparties. it will be sad if they no longer exist.

10. extsr

extsr Chevalier

PARTY CANCELLED

We do not have time to create Frankenparty 2019.
    Accordingly, Deb and I must cancel it.

Several serious matters are unresolved, and take precedence over the party.
    I have not heard from any Gary Con personnel during the last week.
    We feel it unwise to create an event that could focus dissent.

So alas,

PARTY CANCELLED

11. Aaron Wilbers

12. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

sad news but understand the reasoning, and best of luck to everyone...

13. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

sad news indeed. good luck with your endeavors.