Badge purchase questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JasonM, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Hiscompter

Hiscompter Level 0 Character

What do the different badge levels get you? And how much are the different badges? I wanted to treat my self next year, first time, and wanted to get a Diamond ( I thinks that the highest), so is that going to be impossible? Sad Panda face, right now.

2. jim

jim Level 0 Character

Hiscompter likes this.
  3. Hiscompter

Hiscompter Level 0 Character

What does “Premiere Events” and what is 6 featured events mean? Sorry so many questions but I’m a noob.

4. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

It's "Premier Event Registration" which just means that Diamond badge holders get first dibs on choosing events.

Events that are popular (games with celebrities, popular GMs and other contributors to the hobby) are labeled as "Featured". You are only allowed a certain number of them (according to badge type), so that all badge holders get a shot at some Featured Events.

Hiscompter likes this.
  5. jim

jim Level 0 Character

I attended 2 featured events this year, and they were both fun, but not more fun than the regular events I registered for. Actually, the most fun I had was probably "Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Solomon Kane", which I didn't register for at all. They had some no-shows, and a guy I'd played with in a couple of other games asked me to join as I was wandering by. Basically, I wouldn't worry too much about having a lot of featured events in order to have a good time.

Poindexter and Hiscompter like this.
  6. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Sorry, I was too drunk to play!

jim and Hiscompter like this.
  7. jim

jim Level 0 Character

Ha! It worked out great for me, though I ended up staying pretty late for the party afterwards, and missed my Sunday morning game due to DST starting, and a hangover.