Celebrating Star Wars Month 2019

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by wcw43921, May 1, 2019.

1. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

For the first day of Star Wars Month I wish to rectify an oversight. It has come to my attention that not everyone remembers the names of the main characters of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Allow me then, to remind all of you of who these brave beings were--

Jyn Erso--Daughter of Galen Erso and habitual criminal turned Rebel agent. Gave everything to acquire the plans for the Empire's ultimate weapon.

Cassian Andor--Rebellion intelligence officer. Together with Jyn Erso they were able to acquire the Death Star plans.

K-2S0--Reprogrammed enforcement droid. Sacrificed himself to give Andor and Erso the time they needed to secure the plans.

Bodhi Rook--Imperial defector who transmitted the plans to the Rebellion in orbit around Scarif.

Chirrut Imwe--Guardian of the Kyber Temple. Although blind, he is as deadly with his staff as a Jedi with a lightsaber.

Baze Malbus--Partner with Chirrut Imwe as a Guardian. Wields a heavy blaster rifle.

Saw Gerrera--Left the main Rebellion to fight his own war against the Empire. Killed in the attack on Jedha.

All these and many, many more laid down their lives, gave their last full measure of devotion, to defeat the Empire and restore freedom to the galaxy. They deserve to be remembered.

Long Live The Rebellion.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  2. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

RIP Peter Mayhew

This wasn't the sort of thing I'd hoped to post about Star Wars Month, but Mr. Mayhew was a tremendous part of the original trilogy's success. He will be dearly missed.

Poindexter likes this.
  3. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

4. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

In the continuing celebration of Star Wars Month, I offer this Ultimate Medley of some of the best music ever written for the screen.

Thank You Always, Mr. Lucas. Thank You Always, Mr. Williams.

Star Wars Ultimate Medley

5. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

In the continuing celebration of Star Wars Month I ask that you all join me in wishing George Lucas a Happy 75th Birthday. May there be plenty of cake and good times, and may there be many more to come. Take care, Mr. Lucas--and Thank You Always.

George Lucas At Biography

Mitch the Bard likes this.
  6. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

Sorry not to have kept up with Star Wars Month--I've been having some computer problems lately. But here is the 2004 documentary Star Wars: Empire Of Dreams which tells the story of the making of the first three movies. Hopefully this will explain what I mean when I say George Lucas changed everything.

Poindexter likes this.
  7. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

This was the day. Released in a little over forty theaters, with no grand red carpet opening or little else fanfare, this movie went on to conquer the summer box office and change just about everything with regards to filmmaking.

Where Were You In Seventy-Seven?

Hit It.

Scott M. and Poindexter like this.