Information about Gen Con XVI August 1983

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sd8k, Oct 30, 2019.

1. sd8k

sd8k Level 0 Character

HEY! Its that time of year to start thinking about games to submit for GaryCon!!

This year I am planning on running a 5e conversion of Part 1 of the Twofold Talisman - Heart of Light
    by Roger Moore, Philip Tatercyznski, Douglas Niles, & Georgia Moore The Twofold Talisman is an RPGA tournament module for the AD&D game. It was first run at GenCon XVI in 1983.

I thought a neat aspect would be to use the scoring sheets that are in the original module from Dragon Magazine. Even better would be if I could see what the results were of the runs from that convention.

Any idea where I could find the tourney leader boards for The Twofold Talisman way back in GenCon XVI? Did they publish the results in an issue of Dragon?

Dave

mwisconsin and Poindexter like this.
  2. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

I ...actually played in that game.

I'm way too old.

sd8k and Poindexter like this.
  3. sd8k

sd8k Level 0 Character

No Spoilers!!! Haha You should join in!

I remember reading this one back in the day. While only an hour away I never made it to the cons in Lake Geneva. The big panic of the 80’s and all.

So now I am running these old ones so I can experience them in a con

4. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

1983 was UW Parkside. Memorable because the Gymnasium which doubled as the Exhibit Hall didn't have air conditioning. In August.

5. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

So it was, what...75 degrees?

Then again, I guess that really IS sweltering to anyone from Wisconsin. :D

6. Mitch the Bard

Mitch the Bard Level 0 Character

I played in it too that year - but I have zero memories from it - both signs of my age :)

7. sd8k

sd8k Level 0 Character

Sign up and I'm thinking of giving inspiration and a magic item off the treasure table if you played in the first one back in the day ;)

Mitch the Bard likes this.